Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rip AK CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
    Honestly in situations like this it's always best to have a dashcam. The car is definitely fixable though sorry the loss but it'll give you more room to work with.

I actually have the crash on tape, the Restaurant I crashed by has security camera's for the parking lot, catches the intersection on the top of the video.
    That video shows the other car, failing to yield. It was her fault even the cop said she was the contributing factor to the crash.
    I still don't even have a rental car! A week later. Lucky for me I also have a 91 Mazda B2600i 4x4 minitruck to get me around. I still want a rental.

Comment

I really like that CB from Seattle, thing looks very well done. If you bought it, do you think you'd drive it during the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        I really like that CB from Seattle, thing looks very well done. If you bought it, do you think you'd drive it during the winter?
        If he did, he'd get some awesome intercooling from all the snow he'd be plowing with that front bumper.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

^LOL yeah that was my first thought, either raise it up or throw on a stock bumper!!! My other thoughts were that it's in really nice shape I'd hate to see salt/winter destroy it plus all that power with an open differential could be challenging IMO. I still think that CB is a great buy though just wasn't sure if you could always have a winter beater kicking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            Not likely. I try to keep my cars in the driveway if I can in the winter. That's what my 4x4 is for. (besides Offroading the badass trails we got up here!)

I would throw on my Function Form 1's on there and raise them up for winter time. plus I have a few sets of Hankook Winter I-pike Studded tires for if I do drive to the store or gas station.

No more Winter Fairbanks trips in the CB, Turbo+FWD+Snow and Ice

we have a 1/4 mile drag strip up here in Palmer, AK. Fastest Honda in AK record is in the 9's on the 1/4 mile, but mostly civic's that I have encountered on the freeway or in town, and usually I come out on top. Every July we have Honda Day(3rd Annual) We are the only cb7 there, rolling up with 3 CB7's, (My GF, my buddy mike & me) I've went to Honda day with a different CB7 for the past 2 years. I want to race this year. A turbo H would be awesome to show these fools what a cb can do!

but I also would drive it all summer, road trips to Kenai, Fairbanks, Seward. I'm just ready to have a CB7 again, my car is in pieces in my driveway its hard to see.

Comment

I found this in my area, what do you guys think? Turbo F22a,

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/5987918815.html

Comment

Not really enough info for a turbo car let alone lack of pictures. Also unless the bottom end was built it's going to blow a ringland eventually.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I went to look at that cb7 with f22a4 + Turbo, its 90% done, has the DSM manifold, Turbo, intercooler, Wastegate, most of the charge piping is setup. the rest is in the back seat. Needless to say, it wont run the way it is now.

He has the stock F22a4 exhaust manifold and downpipe, I told him I need to hear it run & drive it before I make a decision on buying it.

The body is very straight besides the rear wheel wells have rust.

He wants $1800

according to the gieco man, my car was only worth $1600. which
                  they are only paying me 85% of that. So I would have to spend a few hundred out of pocket. I don't know if its worth it. With the rust fixed it would be clean.

Comment

Keep us updated! Insurance companies never give you what the car is worth, but the turbo CB sounds nice!

Comment

Man, sorry to see this happened at least everyone is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by JDMH22ACB7 View Post
                        Keep us updated! Insurance companies never give you what the car is worth, but the turbo CB sounds nice!
                        The Insurance company only gave me $1300 for my car, I paid $1700 for it last Febuary. My CB7 is still sitting in my driveway, almost fully stripped.
                        I'm more than likely gonna get a Cb from Seattle or LA

There was a lot of items to take off/out of my car, including: Trunk Lid, Red Clear tail lights, 15' Rockford Fosgate subwoofer / 800 Watt Amp, all the wiring, Seats (mint condition) & door panels, window motors, tracks, and glass. DC header, All of the Exhaust, Function/Form Type 1's, Air intake, Valve cover, Shifter, Power Steering Pump, fuse box cover, Hid Ballasts (I don't think they are still good after a head on crash lol)
                        I now have many spare nuts & bolts for my next cb.

shortly after I got it, tinted it myself not once but twice (got pulled over for 5% tint by the Alaska State Troopers but only got a fix-it ticket, ripped the tint off, got it inspected, then tinted it again myself) Getting good at tinting.

Painting a cop's house summer 2016

No Shocks

Comment

update

Still waiting to finish my Chiropractor visit's to get my settlement, somewhere near July. My GF and I are down here in Seattle/Everett area for a 2 week visit. The amount of clean CB's down here never fails to astound me.

We went to Lynwood Pick-N-Pull a few days ago and seen one of the cleanest cb9's I've ever witnessed. Has H22 in it, Black-Housed Headlights, sweet tint, system, aftermarket rims, Lowered, Exhaust, No rust, clean Seattle Silver paint.

Forgot to ask him if he is on cb7tuner, anyone recognize it?

I talked to the owner for a minute through the fence while he was leaving, he got it all stock besides the H22. My GF wants to sell her 2 door Auto CB7 and get a 5 speed CB9 very badly. Once I get my settlement I'm coming down here to Seattle or Portland and getting a Sedan CB7 and a CB9 (for my GF) and Barge or drive them back up to Anchorage, AK.

H22 would be awesome but if I get stock f22a then I'm going to H22a swap it finally. As was my plan for my 90 before the crash

Comment

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/6091094663.html
                            https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/6061462158.html

Comment

Highly doubt he is going to purchase those, as they are in TN and he lives in Alaska. That boosted cb looks decent but a cf hood splitting because of 28psi sounds weird since CF is used on rockets and not reving past 3k sounds more than a grounding issue
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Update: Still no replacement for my totaled 90 CB.

I'm taking a trip to Seattle in 8 days (on September 24th-October 3rd) to Paint a buddys Gas Station in Stanwood, WA with my Girlfriend Ashlyn and my Father. It should be fun painting the gas station inside and out

I have my eye on ex sedan in Oregon. It already has motor swap, H22 or H23 its hard to tell from the pics.
                                5 speed, clean body, no rust, Seattle Silver.

We're planning on driving from Seattle to get the CB7 in Oregon on the 24th

I'm hoping it doesn't get bought out from under me.

It's been 8 months since the crash and driving my GF's auto cb7 coupe just doesn't cut it for me. I need my own CB.

Possibly driving it up thru Canada before winter hits if we can get Passports in order. If not, the plan is wait until Spring/ Summer 2018 to drive it up to Alaska with my GF, or Barge it up.

been waiting patiently for another cb7, I think this one could be The One

in the months since the crash ive done a bit to my GF's accord, A/C compressor delete, DX alternator belt, New upper control arms, New Battery, New Alternator, Main Relay (pain in the neck)

Kenai Softball trip 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X