Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming back for more!

Hey Guys!
    I am starting my hunt for my unicorn, and I could use some extra eyes.
    Some of you know my girl was totalled in a hit-and-run over Memorial Day. I am ready to be back in it! I have a full CB7 of parts to swap into my next chassis, and I need some help from the community.
    I am looking for:
    A CB9
    Working a.c.
    NO RUST
    No serious body damage
    Not someone's project car
    (I would ideally prefer a 90 y/o persons daily driver they have had since the car was new)

I am looking to purchase as soon as taxes go through, so please, no CL ads until feb.1.

I am hoping a few of you have been stalking a clean CB9 in your town, or know of one, and would be willing to approach for details/contact numbers.
    I am willing to pay 3k +/- for it. I'll fly out and it drive back if its not in Fl.

I am also willing to pay a finders fee to whom ever finds me my unicorn. The cheaper the car, the bigger the finders fee.

I'm so, so excited to have a CB again!!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Glad to hear you will be back in the game. Will keep an eye out for one up here in the panhandle.

Comment

My next door neighbors have a '92-'93 LX wagon in Bordeaux red. It looks mint except for a tiny rust spot in the quarter panel on the passenger side. I'm pretty sure it's an automatic, but I've honestly never looked. I don't expect something with rust to be your first choice at all, but in case the rest of the search is fruitless, this is just next door.

I'll start looking around for more!

Edited to remove CL ad. Didn't read that part.
      Last edited by Jarrett; 12-31-2016, 12:40 AM.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'll keep an eye out, but it's been a LONG time since I've seen anything resembling a clean, rust-free CB7 around here! Your best bet is probably right where you are, or all the way across the country in NM, AZ, or CA.

Glad to see you're not out for good, though! I still hope to get another CB7 someday. I just don't have the space for one at the moment, and I have other cars I want to play with once I do have said space. A CB7 or CB9 will likely find a home in my driveway eventually, though.

Comment

See, Deev, I thought I remembered you saying you wouldn't get another one because it wouldn't be "your" CB. This is good to hear! I don't think I was around when yours was driving.

LadyG, I'll keep an eye out in Colorado as well, as tax time gets closer. We do get some pretty clean cars, as I've posted in one of the recent Craigslist threads.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Iv'e seen some up where im at but you said rust free good luck. Just as long as it doesn't have an insane amount of rust id take one. and just do the welding and stuff myself

Comment

I think it would be better to find a rust free cb where your at. Cb's out here where I'm at are beat to shit or rusting to heck.
              my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
              MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

Originally posted by peteypete View Post
                I think it would be better to find a rust free cb where your at. Cb's out here where I'm at are beat to shit or rusting to heck.
                this is true

Comment

There are rust free cb7s out there ?

Comment

There sure is! Just a pain to find these days. Lola was and is still rust free.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

For the record, is this unicorn LX or EX? Manual or auto? 9091 or 9293? Does it matter? Personally, I could be turned off by interior colors because it can take forever to find all the pieces to fully swap out (I can't stand that red, and blue and brown are almost as ugly to me); are there things like that that you care about?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I appreciate all the eyes, guys!
                        For clarification: I don't want a 90-91, they are obd 0 and a royal pita when ele issues arise. I am not going to be discriminate with exterior color, however the only interior color I loathe is the red. But, in the right car, I'd overlook it. I'm expecting to find an auto- I have all the stuff to swap to manual though.
                        I will be looking in FL, as the time gets closer, but I figured a garage queen is a garage queen anywhere.
                        Unfortunately, any rust is bad rust, as it is usually way worse than it looks on the outside.
                        I'm really so happy that y'all are willing to help!
                        Edit: trim level is unimportant to me.
                        Last edited by LadyG; 01-02-2017, 12:10 PM.
                        Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Are you sure about that OBD0 thing? I thought the Accord got the switch early and all CBs were OBDI.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

All CB's are OBD1.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Indeed. Every single one of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X