H/F to B/D tranny adapter plates for CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H/F to B/D tranny adapter plates for CB7

I was wondering if the adapter plates would be suitable for accords. I know that bisi sells these kits with EG mounts but I was wondering if there were any plans for an accord kit? If that makes any sense. Would accords benefit from a D or B transmission?

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

No. You can't mount up a D or B tranny for a number of reasons some of which are:
    Axles
    Shift linkage
    and physical size, however this is not the biggest problem.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
      No. You can't mount up a D or B tranny for a number of reasons some of which are:
      Axles
      Shift linkage
      and physical size, however this is not the biggest problem.

Alright. I was wondering if shift linkage was possible. I also thought that the B/D transmissions were smaller, but I guess I was mistaken. Alright well thanks for responding.

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Originally posted by quakerjoe
        Alright. I was wondering if shift linkage was possible. I also thought that the B/D transmissions were smaller, but I guess I was mistaken. Alright well thanks for responding.
        they are
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

That is correct...the accord chassis is not suitable for rod type linkages. You would also have the need to cut and weld the centre tunnel of the CB to make the shifter fit.
          'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
          World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
          World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
          1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
          1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
          1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
          2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
          NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
          Bisimoto's Facebook page
          478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

Alright I really apperciate you responding. I really was not sure if there was a chance of you producing these for the accords. And from the sounds of it you really cant make a kit. It all has to be custom. Thanks again!

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Cutting the floor isn't that bad and axles aren't impossible. I need a better reason than these to convince me it can't be done. B trannys are way stronger than h trannys. Also bar linkage is more accurate than these damn cables i'm stuck with.
              vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Originally posted by arcadiacb7
                Cutting the floor isn't that bad and axles aren't impossible. I need a better reason than these to convince me it can't be done. B trannys are way stronger than h trannys. Also bar linkage is more accurate than these damn cables i'm stuck with.
                With the time and money you are going to be spending to upgrade to a stock transmission you should really consider getting the H or F tranny built to handle the power.

You are easily going to be spending $2500 to make things work with a B series transmission. A Type II gearspeed transmission cost about the same amount. With a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
                  With the time and money you are going to be spending to upgrade to a stock transmission you should really consider getting the H or F tranny built to handle the power.

You are easily going to be spending $2500 to make things work with a B series transmission. A Type II gearspeed transmission cost about the same amount. With a warranty.
                  Not if you do everything yourself.

I know there's an H2B conversion going on right now, in a CD. Pushing 600+whp.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

People are making 600+ with H/F transmissions though. The B/D would make sense on a full race car, but that's about it.

I just got a new transmission for my 3rd gen Accord yesterday... that thing is TINY! It also has a cable shifter, and a cable clutch. I know nothing about this transmission. I assume that the strength and gearing is probably not useful for anything... but if it were, it could probably be used for a CB. I figure I'd throw it out there, in case it ends up being useful information!

Comment

Yea, this guy keeps blowing through his trannies.

I believe he's on tranny #3 or 4.

Comment

Blowing through B trannys? What is he doing to it? For the price of 4 transmissions, you can have ONE built strong enough to hold the power!

Comment

no, H trannies.

He has hookups on transmissions, which is the reason he hasn't had one built.

But he will be using a b16 trans soon...

HMT adapter plate.

Comment

I think that the average person can't do this swap and still have money left over.

H2B kit - $1500
                            Custom Axles- $400
                            B Series transmission with LSD-$800
                            Custom fab. Hydro shifter assembly $150 Parts

Rough Estimate is $2850

A type II transmission that is fully rebuilt from Gearspeed cost Around the same amount. Which IS stronger than a stock B series tranny.

So for the accords I believe the cost is too high to have a stock transmission all over again.

Comment

But you're still stuck with long gears.

If you're building the transmission, then hopefully you have some power to back it up.

If you have power to back it up, then the stock h/f gear ratios are probably too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X