Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h23a1 block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just say H23A1. That's the H23A DOHC non-VTEC.
    And if cost is an issue... i suggest getting an F22A, in that case. Iron sleeves will give you plenty of piston options, and should be able to hold at least 300whp with a good tune.

Comment

If everything goes right I will have about $6,500 to build the block with good parts I really like to keep the h23a1 to be different. were I live it either h22,f22,or the k or b's so I like to just keep the h23a1.

Comment

The end result power-wise will be the same regardless of what engine you use. The only thing that will vary is the price. If you want to use the H23, go for it... but it's going to cost more if you resleeve.

Comment

can I still make good power than if I swap the h23a1 head on the f22a block for boost than because the f22a uses the iron sleeves

Comment

Don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Don't do that.
              This, because your not going to be buying a stand alone ecu like SDS-EFI4 and adding hall effect sensors etc to deal with spark fuel and what not.

Not to mention the machine work that should be done to have things function correctly. I don't mean to discourage anyone, but its really only a viable project if you have a lot of extra parts and wish to make something useful. Don't destroy 2 engines to build 1 that's a hack job. If you haven't built an engine before from the ground up(really at least 5 times) then you shouldn't attempt it.

People and thier turbo setups kill me though. You must first understand forced induction, and what challenges there are to overcome with it- mainly dealing with exhaust backpressure. You can have everything the same with only an exhaust difference in a FI car and the power differences will be staggering.

Let me help you by giving you some of the best articles I've ever come across(not that they divulge elite racing secrets but they are so well written)

Grape ape racing
              http://mysite.verizon.net/vzezeqah/

An oil document(starts on like page 14)

http://www.angelfire.com/games/marshallmort/Oil.pdf

Golden advice?

Research is the difference between speculation and investment.

Comment

The variation between the cylinder bore diameter and the combustion chamber diameter is the reason I say that... but that gives even more reason not to!

Comment

Working...
                X