all wiring & its location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all wiring & its location

What all the correct wires for wiring a viper 5901 alarm?
    & Where can I located?

Basically how to install my alarm because in the ignition switch harness its black/yellow which is an ignition, of course the black/white is the starter which is cut, yellow is accessories, the all white is 12V+, but there is a white/black & I have no clue what it is.

Also I've wired a relay to my park lights to dome light supervision..will I be able to add more relays to the dome supervision wire without throwing any other lights off?

Another thing there is wires on the alarm module that say flex relay what is that used for?
    Like I need to know what every wire does.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=97949

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

that does not tell me what I need to know

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordex View Post
        & Where can I located?
        The link tells you this
        Basically how to install my alarm because in the ignition switch harness its black/yellow which is an ignition, of course the black/white is the starter which is cut, yellow is accessories, the all white is 12V+, but there is a white/black & I have no clue what it is.
        That is a starter cut relay #2 for an OEM alarm
        Also I've wired a relay to my park lights to dome light supervision..will I be able to add more relays to the dome supervision wire without throwing any other lights off?
        The dome light wire is negative trigger, why did you use a relay when you can connect it directly?
        Another thing there is wires on the alarm module that say flex relay what is that used for?
        From manolid@the12volt.com
        Thanks for the input

I emailed Directed Tech Support this question and this is the response...

"The flex relay is called so because it is “flexible”. It can be programmed for a starter output, ignition output, or accessory output. It’s very helpful when working on Toyotas and Nissans or older Fords."

Also, as per the install guide, you have access to terminals 87, 87a and 30, giving you many different wiring possibilities.

I hope this helps others.

Also in the sticky or do you mean every wire on the alarm
        Does this answer everything?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          Does this answer everything?
          no the wires in the cb7.

Comment

The link gives the wire locations and what they do...it's not much more to explain. Match the wires from the brain to the corresponding wires in the cb.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by 91hondaaccordex View Post

Does that mean you dont have the wiring chart that comes with the viper 5901?

I dont think you actually understand what a relay is.. Or at least not how it should be wired. And im not completely sure what you're asking. This is how your domelight wire should be wired.

All of the wires available on the viper are not applicable to your install. Some are extra for more advanced cars. Hookup the third harness last. And please tell me you're using SOLDER. You will depin/not use 1 or 2 of the wires coming from the remote start harness... 4 of them have to go to the ignition harness(none of these are for +12).. And after depinning one or two more wires in that harness.. 3 need to be hooked up to a 12volt constant.. which can also be obtained from the ignition harness.. I have to go look and see what the wires are labeled specifically.
              Again, Install the remote start harness last..(starter kill..ignition power etc..).. I started with the harness that contained the (-) door trigger wire.. The link posted by sonikaccord does tell you everything you need to know. You need to read it. The alarm wiring chart tells you that the (-) door trigger wire is green(on the alarm).. And the link posted by sonikaccord tells you that under the dash on the left side there's a brown plug above the hood release that contains a (-) blk/wht wire. Connect your alarms green to that blk/wht. It'll be smart to have a volt meter and a test light so that you can properly probe wires to make sure that they're what you're looking for. After you find that brown plug repeat for the rest of your wiring.

Mentioned in sonikaccords post is also the purpose of the wire you found in the ignition harness that you were unsure of. It is the iginition 2.. which will come into play when you're hooking up your remote start.

And I would recommend the relay for the domelight supervision. The parking light wire does not need a relay.

Check this page http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1032.html It's pretty much the same info but maybe it'll be a little easier for you to understand.

Comment

Sonikaccord is the shitz when it come to wiring.
                Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

Working...
                X