h22 tranny with f22 5th gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 tranny with f22 5th gear

ok, so its been a WHILE since ive posted but ive ran across a slight problem. a friend of mine gave me an h22 tranny, he put the accord 5th gear set in it and now the case wont close all the way.. ive searched endlessly with no solid answers.. i know this has been done but i cant find any info on how to get this to work. can anyone shed some light on this so i can get this in my car PLEASE?!?! lol thanks in advance..

93 cb7 ex coupe
    Granada Black Metallic

When you say it's an H22 transmission you didn't specify whether it was an M2A4, M2B4 or M2F4. From what Losiracer2 found the Accord 5th gear needs to be machined down in order to fit on the M2B4 stack. However the non-LSD transmissions may not be effected by this. There have been a couple of threads over on Honda-Tech about this swap.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I think thats the main reason why its the gears that wont fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        When you say it's an H22 transmission you didn't specify whether it was an M2A4, M2B4 or M2F4. From what Losiracer2 found the Accord 5th gear needs to be machined down in order to fit on the M2B4 stack. However the non-LSD transmissions may not be effected by this. There have been a couple of threads over on Honda-Tech about this swap.
        well thats the thing, im not sure on what one it is, the tag on the case is missing. im gunna try and find out what one it was.. i know for sure its h22 tho. unless theres another way. the only stamp left on it it the vin and it has bb6 in it..

93 cb7 ex coupe
        Granada Black Metallic

Comment

look through the differential and that should tell you whether its LSD or not. If you see a pin its non LSD. If its clear all the way through, then its an LSD.

My tranny rebuild guy didn't have to machine anything, he simply ground one end of it down....he did it out of his garage in a couple of hours, which included replacing the mainshaft and countershaft bearings along with assembling the entire tranny from pieces, so I'm thinking its not something terribly difficult.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            look through the differential and that should tell you whether its LSD or not. If you see a pin its non LSD. If its clear all the way through, then its an LSD.

My tranny rebuild guy didn't have to machine anything, he simply ground one end of it down....he did it out of his garage in a couple of hours, which included replacing the mainshaft and countershaft bearings along with assembling the entire tranny from pieces, so I'm thinking its not something terribly difficult.
            ok so i found out that the tranny was an lsd tranny... they took the lsd out for whatever reason and put another non lsd h22 final in it.
            Last edited by Turbocutlass; 07-31-2012, 12:14 PM.

93 cb7 ex coupe
            Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by Turbocutlass View Post
              ok so i found out that the tranny was an lsd tranny... they took the lsd out for whatever reason and put another non lsd h22 final in it.
              anyone?

93 cb7 ex coupe
              Granada Black Metallic

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the differentials are not cross compatible with the different cases. If it's not an LSD now then it's likely that it wasn't.

And please don't impatiently bump your thread less than an hour after you post something. Unless you're adding additional information then you're just being annoying. No one is sitting around and choosing not to help you unless they sense desperation.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3060964

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2411948
                Last edited by Jarrett; 08-01-2012, 01:21 AM.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that the differentials are not cross compatible with the different cases. If it's not an LSD now then it's likely that it wasn't.

And please don't impatiently bump your thread less than an hour after you post something. Unless you're adding additional information then you're just being annoying. No one is sitting around and choosing not to help you unless they sense desperation.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3060964

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2411948
                  thanks for your imput, however i didnt bump it in less then an hour, the other post was YESTERDAY at 11am my last post was tonight after midnight. and i know for a fact that it was lsd and it was taken out. also if it does have to be machined down, does anyone know the thickness of the stock h22 5th gear.. i dont have one to compare the 2. thanks in advance.
                  Last edited by Turbocutlass; 08-01-2012, 01:59 AM.

93 cb7 ex coupe
                  Granada Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
                  X