Not your regular "Honda Idle"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
    alright I could not find a vacuum leak and I checked my spark plugs and they were at about 1.15-1.2 mm so I set them all to factory spec of 1.1 mm and I re checked my ignition timing and set it to 16 degrees advance still with in factory spec. My idle still fluctuates some times it will still sit at 750-1000 rpm for 5 seconds than drop to 500 and start fluctuating. Other times it will just drop to 500 rpm and start fluctuating but does not reach above 1k rpm.
    Sounds like a faulty EACV, or a bad ECU (causing EACV to go wonky), honestly. Try disconnecting the electrical connector from the EACV and see if the crazy idle goes away? You should get a code 14 thrown the moment you do this, and the RPM should drop (from 750 RPM at idle to maybe 500-600 RPM).

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
      Sounds like a faulty EACV, or a bad ECU (causing EACV to go wonky), honestly. Try disconnecting the electrical connector from the EACV and see if the crazy idle goes away? You should get a code 14 thrown the moment you do this, and the RPM should drop (from 750 RPM at idle to maybe 500-600 RPM).
      Are you talking about the IACV? If so when I unplug it the rpm does drop to 500 rpm. Tonight it was acting normal for about an hour and other times still fluctuated
      Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
      Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pedalpusher90 View Post
        Are you talking about the IACV? If so when I unplug it the rpm does drop to 500 rpm. Tonight it was acting normal for about an hour and other times still fluctuated
        Yep, IACV == EACV. Well, when it is acting abnormal, unplug the EACV and see if the RPM stabilizes.

Comment

the rpm does stabilize at 500 today it was still 50/50 idling normal and not normal
          Originally posted by Gummiegorilla
          Damn CBs are like a Rubix Cube sometimes !!!!

Comment

Working...
          X