No announcement yet.

V6 Swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 speed is easier to find now that the Accord uses it with the J series. The first of the AV6-6s are now two generations old, and nearly 10 years old... so the used parts are going to start appearing more frequently.

Comment

Good. Will be looking into that.

Originally posted by Devergote
      A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

glad to see my thread has gauged more interest... but the cup idea, never looked into it that way. but like everyone said, its basically all speculation till we can get it in front of us and get measurements down. Jacob nice to see you around this way! But basically I was expecting to poor man it as a sort of "rough draft" then find the ways to make it better. The axles play a very important roll and have to be figured out correctly. Everything else minus the mounts are able to be poor man to make it "work" however any and all bugs will be figured out. I still believe we can save that 1-3 inches of hood clearance issues to keep our hoods but it has to be worked out! The more people that can put their creative noggins to this swap the better. The main and original V6 thread is flooded with information but I feel its easier to break down each section as opposed to working it as one big headache. I chose to start with axles, another member can begin speculation else where.

PS I'm searching for another Accord now, lol I sold my baby to Bullet.
        Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
        Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
        Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
        Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Originally posted by Apexbender View Post
          Did you get the engine?
          to answer your question, not as of yet... I put a halt to this till the beginning of the year, trying to get a house
          Member's Ride Thread

Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
          Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
          Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Here is your axle issue solved. 03 cl half shaft and passenger side axle, 95 accord v6 drivers side. End of discussion.

Now I will leave you to figure out mounts and wiring yourself.

Goodluck!

Also trying to use 98 cl 3.0 subframes, brackets, and mounts will move to engine to far forward. Your gonna have think simple on this one.
            Last edited by ChampCoupe; 12-16-2012, 02:45 AM.
            MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Hood clearance, if you are lowered 3" or more you will destroy the oil pan., but if you have a conservative drop it is possible to have a closed, none cut hood. With only removing some of the under skeleton. CB's are not tall in the frontend like cl and later model accords.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Glad to know on the axles. Thanks bro.

Mounts... No problem for me since I can fab them myself. Will try and take measurements and stuff to maybe make a few.

Wiring is still bothering me since the harness I have is auto and for a type-s I think they are different from others. Have really not looked into that yet.

Originally posted by Devergote
                A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

I would think that the axles would depend on the mounts, seeing as the mounts determine the placement of the engine. So unless you have the axles already, and you use them to position the engine properly to fab the mounts... you could potentially need to fab custom axles as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tn_accords View Post
                    Glad to know on the axles. Thanks bro.

Mounts... No problem for me since I can fab them myself. Will try and take measurements and stuff to maybe make a few.

Wiring is still bothering me since the harness I have is auto and for a type-s I think they are different from others. Have really not looked into that yet.
                    I can have mounts made, I have a really good fabrication guy here that can make another set, but they would be for cd/ce accords. A lil modification would have to be done to make it fit in a cb.

Also if you have an auto harness make sure the motor is an auto. They have different pick sensors for the crank position sensor. And the harness is different from the j30's but is the similar to the j35's.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I would think that the axles would depend on the mounts, seeing as the mounts determine the placement of the engine. So unless you have the axles already, and you use them to position the engine properly to fab the mounts... you could potentially need to fab custom axles as well.
                    The engine sits relatively in the same position so the axles I mentioned above should work not matter what what mounts your using. If the engine is moved to far in any direction your doing something wrong.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                      Here is your axle issue solved. 03 cl half shaft and passenger side axle, 95 accord v6 drivers side. End of discussion.

Now I will leave you to figure out mounts and wiring yourself.

Goodluck!

Also trying to use 98 cl 3.0 subframes, brackets, and mounts will move to engine to far forward. Your gonna have think simple on this one.
                      Where do you get that info?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        Where do you get that info?
                        A year of researching comparable parts, 4months of buying parts from the junkyard to test fit. And then buying those parts again but new and putting it all together.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
                          A year of researching comparable parts, 4months of buying parts from the junkyard to test fit. And then buying those parts again but new and putting it all together.
                          Oh, awesome!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

When Bens car is done this spring I will give out all the info needed for this swap. Ive already made mount brackets and mounted the engine and got the axles figured. Just waiting on the customer and painter now.
                            ODBWeldingWerks
                            Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              This thread is about a J swap, not a C swap or an H22 swap. Why are you even posting this nonsense? Just to tell us how awesome your unfinished car is?
                              been done as of yesterday why dont u do ur own work u try and school peoplwhen u have never even built a motor do what ur good at and peck at ur keyboard
                              This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                              i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

A motors electric a engine uses combustion.

And deeve may have never built an engine, but he doesn't brag about shit others have done.

02 Crv
                                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X