Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New CB7Tuner here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CB7Tuner here!

Hey everybody, new CB7Tuner here!

My name's Christian, henceforth known as SeriouslyCB7, and I recently traded my '95 Honda Prelude for my new '93 Honda Accord and could not be happier with the trade. I got the rosewood Accord with burgundy interior and overall it is a very clean car and the F22A1 runs great. I am not sure if it is the EX or LX or what, maybe y'all will be able to tell me from the photos. Got her all detailed up yesterday and she's looking good.

Tell me what you think!

Welcome and nice start. Based off of your pictures, it appears that you have an LX.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Yeah it's a lx I like how clean it is besides that dent on the door lol. I am a bit bothered a couple days ago I jumped on CL looking for cb7 parts saw a cb7 1993 SE with spoiler aftermarket rims pretty clean body very minor rust on the wheel wells for 900! Missed it by a couple hours it sold so dam quick. I wanted the spoiler for the other 93 SE I recently got for 1,450 they both have 174k miles on them too lol. BTW Welcome to the forums! Where are you from?:P
      Last edited by Kev1990; 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!!!

Alright LX, good to know. It had been taken off of the rear.
        Yeah it's damn near perfect except for that rear door and a small nick by rear driver wheel.
        Interior is grade A, a tinyy bit of fading but nice, looks better than in photos. Will get better ones soon! And dang Kev yeah that's a bummer, there will be some more up for you!!! You have any good salvage yards near where you live? I personally prefer no spoiler but that's just me. I'm like that for any car really. But nice nice, yeah this has 222k but is super clean and well maintained. All interior photos were before I detailer it and armor alled it and wahtnot as well. I am from central FL, how about y'all?

Comment

NJ . Finding a 93 SE at a junk yard especially around here would be pretty dam hard to do lol I'm really with mixed feelings about the spoiler truthfully. What was your reason for getting rid of the prelude? For what-ever reason my blue 90 I always thought it was a LX witch it is but no matter what site I run the VIN on it comes up as a EX makes no sense I definitely don't have a moon roof like the 93 SE or EX's lol. BTW you got any pictures of your prelude you traded the cb7 for?

Comment

CB7 Talk

Nice nice I've heard good things about NJ. That's shitty, it's not to hard to find them here in FL. But what is haha. Yeah I don't hate on them or anything, just prefer not to have one, I think it's cleaner personally.
            I am surprised that it would pull the wrong info ever when looking it up via the VIN, interesting.
            I got rid of the Prelude because I got pulled over in it a lot, it was reallyyy loud and had 5&#37; tinted windows. The engine was a swapped H22A VTEC that was PERFECTTT but that was about the only good part in the car sadly. Yeah I have photos, will post below. It had sooo many mods (2K+ worth) and in the end I wanted something clean and basically stock. The person I traded with wanted to keep our own rims though so we did.

And a video of it running, click here.

I'm going to miss her but I am 100% happy with the trade. I'm not a racer or anything lol I don't care I lost the H22A, it was the only thing awesome about that car. Don't care about mods or anything as some do. Rather have a well maintained stock car.

Will be posting a video of the Accord walk around and running.

Lol, I just add fuel to the stereotype "if you like Preludes you like Accords & vice versa"
            Last edited by SeriouslyCB7; 01-26-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Walkaround

Accord walkaround: Click Here

Comment

That prelude doesn't look to good lol how many miles did it have? Definitely woulda traded for the cb7 myself too.....You got pulled over a lot in the PRELUDE?LOLOLOL if you lived where I live you would never get pulled over even with a loud ass exhaust. You've heard good things about NJ bawhahwahwhaha naw i'm just fucking around lol. Ima go watch your video.

OH SHIT 30 SECONDS INTO IT by the armrest I see you must have a 10th anniversary edition or somebody installed a seat from a diff cb7 lol. What does the title say? Or somebody added it to their package to the car new because I'm pretty sure after I thought about it 10th anniversary editions are ether green, black, or white scratch that not 10th anniversary edition because they had ABS.

Have you checked the CEL codes yet?

When you rev'd it, it sounds like a tin can LOL...I like it though a bit I go for the more so quiet exhaust systems. I apologize I keep re-posting on the same post ahahaha. Where's that guy who has chef Ramsey YOU GOT SO MUCH RICE ON THAT PLATE! L.M.F.A.O especially when you rev'd it....naw man I'm just fucking with you for fun...:P

I really like how clean your engine bay is except I can see some antifreeze hit the top of the hood at one point lol.

You surely got the better end of the deal at-least in my eyes do you have a bit of mechanical experience with Honda's?
                Last edited by Kev1990; 01-26-2015, 08:36 PM.

Comment

The swapped engine was pretty good, but the car itself stopped counting at 230k. Swap probably had ~120k on it. You get pulled for anything here.

I didn't see that on the title. Still haven't gotten the new one in the mail so can't check now. I have no idea but it's nice haha I like the burgundy. It'd be cool if it was a special edition lol.

No I haven't checked CEL codes, do you need special equipment?

Yeah it's clean, I detailed it inside and out (still need to do hood haha)
                  And yeah it's a little ricey, but just the perfect amount lmao. WAAY less than the lude, it was no bueno.

I agree. I do have a bit of experience but just from the Prelude. Nothing crazy though lmao, never opened up the engine or anything.

Comment

Lol I'd say the only ricey part of that right now is the sound a little but I like it very much especially under the hood.

Here is a link on how to check the CEL codes. If you can't find the plug/wire you may have to remove the plastic pieces in that area.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

So this must be your first cb7? My first one was in 2011 when I wasn't even driving the blue 90 lol. Now there's a total of 4 in the family we liked them so much. Ahahahahaa according to my mother and aunt when they got their first cb7 they never woulda thought it would last over a year without a major problem and they got through 3 years! With no problems and just basic service on the car. You'll learn a lot about cb7's fairly quickly I went from 0 experience with just a bit of common sense mechanically to doing everything and anything except the rotors on these cars because their captive rotors. Another job I wouldn't do nor would I hope none of my cars need it are the head gasket. My biggest problem that I probably won't have to deal with for a long time is my rack and pinion the boot on the left side was torn for many months causing popping so I cleaned everything up re-greased it and threw a new boot on it it's been fine ever since in hopes it will last me at-least 1-2 more years like that.

My aunt had horrible experiences with american made cars literally dumping money into them and just failing on her.

Last Ford she had was a 97 ford taurus after having about 500-1,000 into it at the shop the torque converter failed around 128k-130k like their known to do. She found out from multiple previous owners it was already on it's 3rd-4th transmission already. This car lasted about a year.

Before the Ford she had a 2002 Saturn SL2 around 200k-210k miles within days of each other the transmission failed then she went and started the engine early in the morning and failed within seconds completely and here she just had purchased it not long before. A week

Before the Saturn was a 1997 Cadillac STS very clean loved that car around 128k-129k the head gasket blew as their known to do around that milage. 6-8 months

Then she had multiple Cadillac's and Oldsmobile that maybe lasted her 6-12 months without major failures. Trust me there's more to list...then she purchased her 1990 Toyota Corolla over 170k on it as it sits now used that car putting crazy miles on it for 2-3 years only needing a axle I believe never stranded her any-where then she purchased other cars. The Corolla was a great car for the time she needed it...You wouldn't believe how quiet the engine is on this car and how it cranks right up after sitting for 3-4 weeks at a time. It sits now needing new drivers side wheel bearing, new rotors on each side, drivers side tie rod, new oil pan gasket, possibly a new radiator, tires, exhaust work. The car outran any american car she had though for sure and probably still will once it's all fixed up. It may be like a little toy car but it's really clean exterior and interior was repainted like 3-4 years ago were planning on fixing it up as soon as the funds become available.
                    Last edited by Kev1990; 01-27-2015, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Welcome to the forum SeriouslyCB7, nice looking Accord and Prelude. In my 92 Accord, I have been pulled over pretty often, and the paint and body looks about like your Prelude did.....but mine isn't very loud. I have had the car since 07. In the first 5 years I had the car, I was pulled over 10 times, for random stupid shit. I am in Florida as well, but in Gainesville (stupid college town!!!!) Your south of me.
                        1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                        1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                        1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                        1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Looks nice man! I just picked up a 93 myself, and even though it needs TLC, they're still great cars.

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouslyCB7 View Post
                            Alright LX, good to know. It had been taken off of the rear.
                            Just a little help with identifying 4th Gen accords (took me some time to get it straight myself but.....) so, DX's, come stock with black bumpers and mirrors, manual windows and doors, no cruise control. Basically no frills at all, base level car. LX is where they started painting bumpers and mirrors, I am not sure if they have manual or auto windows and doors (never had one myself) but the EX has auto doors and windows, and on the 92, all the frills of the SE in the other years (90, 91, 93) they didn't make the SE in 92 for some reason, they threw it all into the EX. The 92 EX got the sunroof, alloy wheels, and all, F22A6 engine (more power then the DX and LX) as far as the EX's, I still haven't figured out what differences it had in 90, 91 and 93 from the SE's since the 92 got all of the SE's frills.
                            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Working...
                            X