Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Raspy exhaust sound after header install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right. I think you had mentioned that before.
    Moog's tendency to produce faulty parts more often now seems that their quality control has lessened. That, or they produce lower quality stuff for older, cheaper cars.

Comment

The question i would ask is; with all the issues that have arose, are there any companies that are actually better than Moog? I know its parent company Federal Mogul also makes some suspension parts, are THEY also having issues? I might be inclined to say that even with the issues Moog might still be the top choice out there. We have to also consider that Moog has two lines of products with one of them being inferior, i am not saying this was the case just a posibility.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        I can change it for you. What exactly do you want the title to be?

As for fuel economy, increasing your engine's ability to breathe will actually DECREASE fuel economy in most cases. Greater airflow in and out of the engine will likely result in a greater oxygen content in your air/fuel mixture. The ECU will see this via the o2 sensor, and send more fuel to compensate. The best way to ensure the best fuel economy is to leave it completely stock, and keep the engine in its best running condition.
        You CAN gain fuel economy with a custom ECU tune, but even that can be iffy (especially since the PT3 and PT6 ECUs are tuned quite well already).

2.5" piping is quite large for an F22A that is not going to be pumping out significant horsepower. That will raise your powerband a bit, forcing you to rev higher to use your engine's power. This will also contribute to a decrease in fuel economy.
        To be quite honest I just want this thread to help people decide what they want to do. so that being said you have the most experience obviously with this website. I trust your judgement I know that my original title isn't the best for the information in this thread. I'm looking forward to having some more questions for you that I can't find answers to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          I stick with AC Delco and Beck/Arnley honestly for tie rods. That is when I can't afford OEM. Which happened this last time. I bought AC Delco for all of it. It all came with a lifetime warranty and the outer tie rods are Senkei 555, which is OEM for our cars. I'm not sure who made the inner tie rods but still, way ahead of where Moog is at.

Outer Tie Rod

Inner Tie Rod

Sorry to sort of derail the thread. But hey you guys started the derailing before I showed up!
          Honestly, I like the quality of AC Delco from what I have experienced first hand. Beck/Arnely has always been another backup that I would use as well. Advanced Auto always one of the two brands when I need something immediately on the weekends when I don't want to wait a week for a part through the mail. I can't complain on either brands (until I get an inferior part haha)..
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
          X