Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help With Vtec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Vtec

I just bought another honda accord....its a 1992 with the vtec swap...engine and tranny...it have nooooo acceleration...im thinking its either because the ecu was not switched or something else was not done right...It have the stock exaust on it....Also when i start the car it sometimes shut off...I been doing some reading and it seems like it happens sometimes when you do this swap but i am not sure...it may also be the timing i have heard?

i tried to go to autozone and get them to run the computer and they said they cant read cars under 95 or 97 dont remember which one....i took pictures of the car and engine but i have no idea how to put it up
    If There is anything i can do that may help please tell me

What is "the vtec swap"?

Is your CEL on?

Why is this in Off Topic?

You bought a car that was modified, you seem to not know the first thing about it, and you're giving very sketchy details that include more information about your proposed solutiions than the problem itself... There's not much anyone can do to help you with what you've provided thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      What is "the vtec swap"?

Is your CEL on?

Why is this in Off Topic?

You bought a car that was modified, you seem to not know the first thing about it, and you're giving very sketchy details that include more information about your proposed solutiions than the problem itself... There's not much anyone can do to help you with what you've provided thus far.
      I don't know that much about it....im just recently getting into cars...So right now im trying to learn as i go along...its the f22b....I have no idea what an cel is...

Comment

O sorry..didnt know this was in off topic :-/.....Dont know that much about this website either lol

Comment

-You might need to adjust your idle screw or clean the IACV so it doesn't stall.
          -You can read any engine codes by putting a paper clip in the blue plug on the passenger side dash under glove box
          - you need the same ECU to run the engine. I think you can pull one from a Acura CL 2.2

BTW, Vtec doesnt add HP, infact it's there to help with economy. So please don't think Vtec is all that

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Being new to the site doesn't excuse anything... read, and you will understand what you are doing. You're asking us to give our time to help you, so the least you could do is give a little of your own time to at least try to understand how things work around here.

CEL is the Check Engine Light. If it is on, that means your ECU (engine computer) is alerting you to an error. The "Read this first" thread in the technical section (where this belongs) has a link to a very helpful thread that will show you exactly how to check to see what that error code is. It even has pictures!

now I'll ask again... what engine do you have? "VTEC" is a form of variable valve timing. It is not a specific engine, and there are quite a few VTEC engines that can be put into these cars.

Comment

He said he has a F22b

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
              -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Where did he say that?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Where did he say that?
                  Originally posted by cb7allday View Post
                  I don't know that much about it....im just recently getting into cars...So right now im trying to learn as i go along...its the f22b....I have no idea what an cel is...
                  -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                  -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                  -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                  -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Ah, I missed that.

It's difficult to read sentence fragments...

Comment

Working...
                    X