Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Front and rear upper strut bar installation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front and rear upper strut bar installation.

Got the front and rear strut bars in the mail yesterday.

Went right to it, and got 'em put on.

Front:

The towers:

Then the rear!

The ends, which come through holes I cut in the trim:

And the view from the interior:

So, the write up. These were purchased on Ebay. Total was about $47 and some change. The quality, well you get what you pay for. They are very light. Not exactly what I was expecting as far as material, but aluminum none the less. The installation was simple enough. The ends come off of the bar, so just remove the strut nuts and slide on the tower ends. Place the nuts back on and tighten them down. For me, it took removing a couple of the plugs from their hangers. A few will go back into place, but the orange one above the reservoir on the passenger side, ended up being left under the bar. Also, there is a little bracket that simply holds a tube of wires in one place, on the drivers side, that has to be removed or flipped upside down, which I am gonna do tomorrow. Other than that, the front was just that simple. Once the tower ends are bolted down, adjust the bar to lines up to the bolting holes just right, and bolt it on.

Now the rear. I managed to simply pull the plastic pieces on either side of the hole behind the seats, right off by hand. Once those are off, pull the trunk carpet up onto the back seat, and fold the carpeted sides towards the center until they stick in place, out of the way. Now, I discovered after I was done, that you can remove the little metal strips the block your view of the strut towers by removing four simple bolts. I did it without. Remove the 14mm nuts from the top, there being two, and do the same thing as the front. Slide in the tower ends, and bolt them in. Line the side trim back up, cut out the square shaped, as I did, holes and place the sides back into place. I put all the plastic and carpet back in place at this point. Once all that was done, I adjusted the bar and bolted it in place. Ta da!

I am getting the lower rear strut bar in the mail, hopefully tomorrow! Let you know how that goes.

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Does it drive any different now?
    A&P-IA

Comment

I have the same strut bars and there sturdy and easy to install but I feel a bit of a diffrence with how the car acts when i take a corner but i cant wait to see and hear about the the lower rear strut bar i though about getting one but im not sure if it do anything, how it goes well for you and if so im going to get my hands on one, btw what brand lower rear strut are you getting?

Comment

ESP all the way... amazing pieces... Installation won`t be until spring/summer.
        so I can`t tell you a difference.
        I have a gas leak to deal with.

Generic C-Pillar Bar 28 bucks, and ESP Rear Upper and Lower Tie Bars, ran me $240.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I made my own for my cb, much better then that ebay crap, that stuff will bend before making anything stiffer.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            Does it drive any different now?
            It is a bit stiffer, not too noticable, but it's there.

Originally posted by JonF22 View Post
            I have the same strut bars and there sturdy and easy to install but I feel a bit of a diffrence with how the car acts when i take a corner but i cant wait to see and hear about the the lower rear strut bar i though about getting one but im not sure if it do anything, how it goes well for you and if so im going to get my hands on one, btw what brand lower rear strut are you getting?
            It's coming tomorrow, and we are gonna install it. I'll let you know how it goes. I don't remember the brand exactly, Ebay, same as the others. It won't do too much on the Cb7, unlike the Civics/Tegs, because of how the control arms are set up. I'm not paaying much for it though, so I am not complaining.

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
            ESP all the way... amazing pieces... Installation won`t be until spring/summer.
            so I can`t tell you a difference.
            I have a gas leak to deal with.

Generic C-Pillar Bar 28 bucks, and ESP Rear Upper and Lower Tie Bars, ran me $240.
            I would love to get nicer pieces, such as those, but until money is more available, I'll have too settle for these. Lol
            Last edited by DumbleDore!; 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Yeah, you can always upgrade. I`m fortunate enough to have a good
              paying job. But I still spend more than I make. I gotta stop...

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Got my rear lower strut bar in the mail today, finally! Paid about $11, shipped. Completely happy with the materials, and craftsmanship. It was straight forward. Remove the two bolts, adjust the bar, then bolt it back up. So here it is.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

looks good and easy to paint if wanted to
                  [COLOR=DarkRed][B]I LIVE ACCORDINGLY * 93 CB7

Comment

That rear lower bar really does nothing for us. That's not a flex point in our chassis. Looks cool, though.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      That rear lower bar really does nothing for us. That's not a flex point in our chassis. Looks cool, though.
                      Yeah, it doesn't do much, but doesn't hurt to have it.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Yeah, won't hurt. It really does nothing at all, though. It enhances performance about as much as vinyl decals.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Yeah, won't hurt. It really does nothing at all, though. It enhances performance about as much as vinyl decals.
                          Correction it enhances the illusion of how fast it looks !

Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

It adds a small amount of weight... so technically, it makes you slower!

Comment

Pee and poo before the drive and you won't feel the performance loss.
                              A&P-IA

Comment

Working...
                              X