No announcement yet.

SUSP: CV joint/Axle Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone do a thorough DIY with pics for our cb7s? im having hard to exactly locating what part is called what, even though i've got a haynes. just some parts im not sure.

plus getting the 1/2 drive shaft off.

a run down of equipment, tools would be good too. thanks.
    hahahahah

Comment

no DIY but i'll post some pics from when I did mine.
      just a bunch of random pics in no particular order.
      you can disregard the descriptions that I typed in there a long time ago.

Last edited by M3kamikaze; 08-06-2005, 12:25 AM.
      -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
      -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

Originally posted by CB9
        It's always much easier when you use the right tool. It's called a Pitman puller. All of $7 at your local Harbor Freight, or you can order it online -

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=36861
        Yeah, thats the perfect tool for the job. I gotta go do my drivers side axle now.

Comment

yep the pitman puller is a great tool to remove balljoints. i just rented it from autozone for free. here it is in action during my 5-lug swap.

1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
            yep the pitman puller is a great tool to remove balljoints. i just rented it from autozone for free. here it is in action during my 5-lug swap.

awesome.. yeah, just use it on the lower ball joint just like that. You can buy one for like 10 bux, definately worth it in my opinion.

Comment

That is really REALLY helpful for someone like me learning. The descriptions are cool.

I'll add the PITMAN PULLER to my list of tools. I was told a slide-hammer would be useful for this project as well?

Can someone compile a list of NECESSARY tools needed for this job?

Thanks again.
              hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                That is really REALLY helpful for someone like me learning. The descriptions are cool.

I'll add the PITMAN PULLER to my list of tools. I was told a slide-hammer would be useful for this project as well?

Can someone compile a list of NECESSARY tools needed for this job?

Thanks again.

Slide hammer for this job.. not likely, but it is a good one to have around for other stuff.

Comment

you dont need any of those special tools...sigh
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

are the pitman puller universal??
                    i might just buy one since so much cars in family..

also, bump for more pics to help me outs, and or info. im in the process of gathering tools.

will the pry bars 3 set (craftsman) from sears work?

thanks.
                    hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by erikm
                      Links down, could someone post a good DIY? Please.
                      if u do it, could u get some pictures as well?

im pretty sure having the car jacked up like dat would be so much easier versus having on the jacks.
                      hahahahah

Comment

Thats a good DIY, just remember the axle nut is actually 36 mm, not 32.

Comment

Just wanted to bump this up. Added two working links in the first post.

Comment

i dunno y yall use so many extra tools i used the spindal nut socket the other normal 19 and 17 mm sockets a BFH and a ball joint fork never fails ive gotten doin this down to 30 minutes with hand tools and not removing the rotor there is no need i kep getting bad cv'sfrom the store and i have a jacked up suspension broken spring havent had a problem with mine seince i put the progress springs on

the build and demise
                            buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

CV Joint Axle

Originally posted by wed3k
                              you dont need any of those special tools...sigh
                              I'm swapping out both my axles this weekend. I may start today. Do you really think I can get it done with out any special tools? I just have to jack up the brake rotor right? I'll take pics and share experience.

Comment

ah man i needed this diy so bad. i hate the clicking noise

Comment

Working...
                                X