are these the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these the same

Is the ac compressor clutch relay and condensor fan relay the same thing?

if they have the same amount of prongs and in the same order, then yes their the same
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

if they are the ones that are next to each other, then yeah they are the same

Comment

my condensor fan isnt coming on with my ac, clutch engages all fuses are good

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
          if they have the same amount of prongs and in the same order, then yes their the same
          no im not talking as if i wanted to switch would one work for the other im talking in terms of a relay for both things do they both have the same relay

Comment

Is there a relay for both? Or do you just have one relay?

If you have one labeled each, then obviously there's one for both.

If you have just one labeled either cond. fan relay, or a/c clutch relay, then obviously you have both relays.

Open up the relay box and check dood.

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
              my condensor fan isnt coming on with my ac, clutch engages all fuses are good
              is it the switch itself thats out? didi u test it with a meter...

Comment

Is the system charged? if there is no coolant in the system the compressor clutch won’t come on.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                  same part but you will have two relays...one for each...just making sure OP knows that.

check the motor...direct power and ground it and see if it comes on...if yes work your way back...if no...bad motor.
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                    same part but you will have two relays...one for each...just making sure OP knows that.

check the motor...direct power and ground it and see if it comes on...if yes work your way back...if no...bad motor.
                    ok motor good now wht?? relay????....fuse????....switch????? which one

Comment

Originally posted by H22A91CB7 View Post
                      ok motor good now wht?? relay????....fuse????....switch????? which one
                      Check relay and fuses...btw...how did you check the relay? How did you check your fuses?

if they check out...then
                      1. check ground wire first...just put one lead of an ohm meter to the motors ground wire then to a bolt on the body...ANY bolt...or the neg battery post...if no resistance ( 0.00-0.2 ohms) then it's good.
                      should be fine since you got the motor to run though...if you get some REALLY high resistance, like thousands of ohms or hundreds of ohms...double check your probing methods...if still high...ground issue.

BUT if it's good...

2. check the power wire.

do this by placing one wire on the fans hot wire, and then go down the wire to the nearest connector, place your second lead in the connector on the battery side of the connector.
                      ________LEAD1* ----------------LEAD2*
                      [FAN]-hot wire---*---------connector-||*-------[RELAY]-----[BATT + POST]

It should read zero...if it reads 12v that means there is a 12 volt difference between the leads and you have a voltage drop.

follow that wire all the way to the batter testing as such...

fyi, when you test your battery voltage you put one lead on the [+] post and one lead on the [-] post...you get 12v right? Well that's cause it is reading 12v difference between the leads. If you put one on the [+] post and one on the hot ([+]) wire...you get zero...there is no volt difference.

if you don't have a voltmeter you could use a test light...which do you have?
                      ____

Comment

Working...
                      X