Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code P0135

This is on my civic by the way.

I went through DEQ today and failed because this came up...heres what I got off google.

"Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

A code P0135 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* O2 Heater element resistance is high
    * Internal short or open in the heater element
    * O2 heater circuit wiring high resistance
    * open or short to ground in the wiring harness

Possible Solutions

* Repair short or open or high resistance in wiring harness or harness connectors
    * Replace oxygen sensor (cannot repair open or short that occurs internally to sensor)"

Any ideas what I should check out...apparently my check engine light should be on which it isn't even lit up. I need to fix this asap.
    Last edited by jboyce; 06-10-2009, 06:53 PM.

Also my paper says even after repairing it i will need to have the system reprogrammed and a drive cycle is required...what's that all about?

Comment

should i just replace the o2 sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce View Post
        should i just replace the o2 sensor?
        Yes, you need to replace the O2 sensor, but the trick is figuring out which one (OBD 2 have two O2 sensors). Usually, bank 1 is the upstream sensor (the one in front of the cat), but no guarantees.

Reprogramming just means clearing the code, and drive cycle means driving the car through an entire warm up/cool down cycle.
        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

the thing that really sucks is my check engine light isn't even on because the whole right side of my cluster doesn't light up. so i wont even know if i fix it. how can i check if i'm throwin a code without it?

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce View Post
            the thing that really sucks is my check engine light isn't even on because the whole right side of my cluster doesn't light up. so i wont even know if i fix it. how can i check if i'm throwin a code without it?
            Well, assuming you don't have a code scanner, the easiest thing is to just go to a parts store and ask them if they will read it for you. Most Autozone/kragens do that for free. If something shows up, ask them to clear it and the go back in a couple days/1 week and see if it is still there.
            1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

A drive cycle means one cycle of driving the car, from open loop at startup to closed loop after its reached operating temperature.

If the cycle completes, thats one drive cycle and your car will stop running in open loop, (it currently is most likely due to your sensor being bad).

Just have the sensor changed and disconnect the battery. Do yourself a favor and don't buy the sensor from Autozone, because they carry Bosch. Bosch's o2 sensors are terrible.

NGK/NTK or Denso are the best ones to use. They carry an OEM signal vs. the more universal signal that Bosch uses.

Get your cluster fixed too. Good thing you don't live in Arizona, you'd fail your emissions test if your M.I.L. didn't light up, or if your OBD2 port didn't send a signal back to the MVD scanner.

Comment

Working...
              X