Transmission question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission question

This is off a 97 Prelude, but this is the only forum I'm a member of where I actually trust the responses I receive. On that note, I just changed my trans for a rebuilt one and i'm having some issues now.

Let me say first that I broke the oil pressure switch on the transmission. That may be the problem, I dunno. But I've got one on order.

Next, its shifting slow, 1st to second, etc. Its got the tiptronic and even when I shift then theres like a delay. And the shift is really soft and slow. Its hard to explain.

Also, theres a bit of a knocking. ONLY in neutral. Not in any other gear, not even quietly, only in neutral.

The main problem is the shifting, I'm scared to drive it like that. Its throwing some codes but I'm thinking its because of the sensor. Any insight is much appreciated.

More information

1. You need to pull the codes. Close the Malfunction Indicator Lamp diagnostic circuit and let us know what code is stored; long flashes equal 10, short flashes equal 1, all codes are seperated with a long pause and will repeat when done displaying all stored codes.

2. Verify the noise is coming from the transmission.

3. Yes, I agree with you even though it isn't what you said: I wouldn't drive the car either. A knocking is serious; motor, transmission, doesn't matter, it's serious.
    1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
    C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
    MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
    ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
    You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

Working...
    X