car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car won't start

Me and my friends finally fixed my car. It started and ran fine, afterwards my friend installed a fuel kill switch which worked fine we tested 3x after that it wouldnlt start. My check engine light stop coming on and I don't here clicking of the relay or humming of the fuel pump, we undid the switch and wired the connection together and still have the same symptoms. We can't figure out what happened.

We checked the fuses and they're good and the grounds are connected. What could be the problem b'cuz the car willl not start.
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 06-15-2009, 01:59 AM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

it has to be a fuse check again look at fuse 28 under your hood it is labled ECU its should a 10a fuse

Comment

^^^^ Check all your fuses again. And double check the kill switch wire...

BTW, What do you hear when you are trying to start the car? Describe to us in details and we can probably let you know what it may be...

It could be your battery is dead...

Or your starter is dead....

Try hitting the starter a couple of times with a metal bar of some sort, then try and start it. If it works, then its your starter

Hope this helps
      "PREPARE for the WORSE, Hope for the BEST" B.T.N.H.

Comment

hitting the starter wow really so we goin caveman now nice

Comment

I check both ecu fuses and change them outwith new fuses still the same the the car cranks normally so it's not the starter or the batt. Its just not sending fuel. I pulled the switch and twisted the wires together and still got nothing I know we cut the right wire to the pump.
          NEW CB

new

Comment

Your fuel pump isn't getting power. Thats what the check engine light is when you turn the car to ACC before starting. Could be a bad switch.

Comment

Which switch are you talking about, the igntion switch or the relay. What is werird my cel light came on once today and that was it,there still is no clicking from the relay or humming from the pump
              NEW CB

new

Comment

Bump
                NEW CB

new

Comment

could be the main relay under the dash if you turn the key forward and dont hear the pump hum then it could be that.

Ride List
                  1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                  2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                  newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I think I know where i messed up,was I supposed to use an relay.
                    NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                    X