1997 Prelude - Auto Trans Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Prelude - Auto Trans Issues

Ok. Trying to figure out how to diag. this thing so I can get it taken care of. It always grinded first to second, when it was hot anyway.

Well anyway, a couple days ago, it wouldn't downshift from 2nd to 1st at the stop light. Its gotten progressively worse.

When it started it would go 1 to 2 to 3. And quickly kick itself back to 2, then 3, 2, 3, 2 so on. Now it won't do that. I got no 1st, no reverse, no 3, no 4. Tiptronic mode or regular mode. I had to limp home in "2."

Right after this problem occurred, I got a check engine light that makes me a little bit suspicious. I checked it with my scanner and here's the results:

P0700
    P0715
    P0740

740 is for a TCU, tranny control unit. That's what kills me. Anyone got any insight so I can get this diagnosed and get the ball rolling on getting it fixed?

I'm thinking I'm gonna need a new auto trans. I can't afford a 5 spd swap as much as I'd love it. Timewise, or financially, I just can't afford it.

Furthermore, I need some pointers on where to get one too. Appreciate the help guys.

sounds like you need a new trans...try to source one from a junkyard or someone local from Preludeoneline, preludepower, or craigslist. good luck!
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Working...
    X