CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #81
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
I managed to get some more things wrapped up on Lola today. For whatever reason my timing light will not give me a reading on the timing of the car. So ignition timing still isn't set. Going to call a buddy and see if they have one I can borrow or want to help me out with it.

-Windows washed
-Rims washed (This took quite awhile due to all of them having axle grease built up on the inside of them. I probably worked on this for 3-5 hours, I lost track after about 2.5 tires.)
-Tires aired up (Had to take them 2 at a time down to the gas station and top them off.)
-Wiper blades installed
-ABS computer and relays removed
-Trunk cleaned up and mostly vacuumed out
-Clock installed
-Pine needles from all over the body vacuumed up
-Cleaned license plate light covers on trunk (Almost absolutely no light was coming through.)
-Tightened upper adjustable ball joint on passenger side, top locking nut not the castle nut (This was a bitch as I didn't have a wrench or cresent wrench big enough to do this. But I finally managed it after much suffering.)
-Cleaned up socket for brake light in trunk, installed light (All brake lights work now.)
-Transmission fluid drained (Glad I did this. The magnetic drain plug had crap all over it. I might do this again in a few more weeks. Just as extra insurance. This is the first time I've pulled the drain plug. The torque converter was drained and tons of ATF leaked out of the axle holes.)

Cleaned Rim Worst 1

Cleaned Rim Worst 2

Cleaned Rim Best

There might have been a few other items that got worked on today but I can't remember right now. I wanted to take it on another test drive tonight, now that all the tires aren't mush. It should handle much better, but I just didn't have enough time to get it out of the garage again today.

Last edited by Rilas; 08-02-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #82
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
I almost asked why you had grease on the inside of your window. Then realized you meant the rims. Nice work Will. Keep up the good work.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #83
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
I almost asked why you had grease on the inside of your window. Then realized you meant the rims. Nice work Will. Keep up the good work.
That's what I get for writing a post at midnight after a long day. I will modify it, thanks Nick.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #84
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Well after managing a few more maintenance items I got out and took Lola for a short drive, and while at it I took some pictures. I still have a few more things I want to check out on the car.

Did a compression test this morning and the results were good.

Cylinder 1 - 200 PSI
Cylinder 2 - 195 PSI
Cylinder 3 - 196 PSI
Cylinder 4 - 200 PSI

I took a trip over to Fort Missoula, which is maybe 1.5 miles away. Here are some of the pictures I snapped while there.

Fort Missoula Military Museum Sign

Tank in front of the Museum

Lola in front of Old Steam Train

Lola with Tank

Lola with Helicopter

Lola

Soon I will start moving parts over from the sedan, but now that I can take Lola out of the garage I need to focus on some other projects now. More updates to come though, just not quite as quick as they have been.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:02 AM   #85
Losiracer2
CB7tuner Member

Losiracer2 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to Losiracer2
great build man! I enjoyed all the hard work and elbow grease you've put into it, as I've been there myself at one point in the past with one of my 4 accords, currently down to 2.

One suggestion about the washer placement for your ST sway bars.

they're supposed to be positioned like this:

)bushing-bar-bushing( not like (bushing-bar-bushing)

the bevel should point toward the bushings so they don't bind when tightened.

member's ride thread
93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
97' Lexus LS400 282k miles.....Luxury Cruiser DD
Losiracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #86
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiracer2 View Post
great build man! I enjoyed all the hard work and elbow grease you've put into it, as I've been there myself at one point in the past with one of my 4 accords, currently down to 2.

One suggestion about the washer placement for your ST sway bars.

they're supposed to be positioned like this:

)bushing-bar-bushing( not like (bushing-bar-bushing)

the bevel should point toward the bushings so they don't bind when tightened.
Losiracer2 thanks for the compliments.

Actually I followed the diagram that came with the sway bar. If you look at the link below it's the same set of directions. Page 3 shows the end link like I have it installed.

http://www.stsuspensions.com/extras/...ont%20ASB).pdf
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 AM   #87
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Yesterday the Ultra Racing rear strut bar came in. So I installed that, and since you have to take everything behind the back seat out, I put in the front part of the wagon storage compartment.

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 1

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 2

Ultra Racing Rear Upper Strut Bar 3

Ultra Racing Bar Installed from the Front

Ultra Racing Bar Installed from the Back

Soon the transferring of parts from the sedan to the coupe will commence.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #88
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Yesterday my new rear motor mount came in, so I decided I would swap them out. After having changed both manual rear motor mounts without having to mess with the T bracket. I can officially say that the auto one is a royal bitch! I had to unbolt the T bracket and somehow kinda jam it out of the way and work out the old mount. Then work the new one back in the same way. The removal of so much extra stuff was necessary it was unbelievable. Anyway the new motor mount is in! Now I just need to get a replacement solenoid for it at the junkyard next weekend.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:57 PM   #89
J-specCb4
Accord of the Month - July 2006

J-specCb4 seems to have made some friends!
this car is super nice. awesome attention to detail on this thing man. its cool you and your son can work on this together too.

"Tucking tires and wires."
The Chronicles.
J-specCb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #90
excalibur02
Wanna be JDM whore

Location: north new jersey Owns: Turbo cb6 & NA cb7 I'm: NJs 5-lug King ;-0
excalibur02 seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to excalibur02
hmmm the way ST said to put the sway bar end links is weird. It just looks to unsafe with out the spacer and other washers.

I installed the rear Ultra Racing strut bar with my wagon compartment too. Your install looks clean. did you have to cut more to slide the bar through?

I tried to do it as clean as possible but yours looks better.

Instagram username MAURO02

If my pictures do not work and you see ****.com replace it with m1xe.com
excalibur02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:27 PM   #91
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-specCb4 View Post
this car is super nice. awesome attention to detail on this thing man. its cool you and your son can work on this together too.
Thanks for the compliment J-specCb4, means a lot coming from an original member. Especially since yours is one of the nicest on here. I haven't read all of your thread yet but yours is a beauty.

While I can't work on my car with my son yet hopefully soon. He's only 14 months right now. But he does spend time out in the garage with me in either his hi-chair or a pack-n-play. I usually give him some combination wrench's and a rachet. He absolutely loves it! His favorite thing though must be the steering wheel, when he gets to stand in the front seat.

Although in a few years I want to buy him a 5th gen OBDI and start building it up over the years, so he can have a nice reliable car to drive when it comes that time.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #92
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur02 View Post
hmmm the way ST said to put the sway bar end links is weird. It just looks to unsafe with out the spacer and other washers.

I installed the rear Ultra Racing strut bar with my wagon compartment too. Your install looks clean. did you have to cut more to slide the bar through?

I tried to do it as clean as possible but yours looks better.
So I tried to cut circles but I didn't have the right blade for it. After cutting out my holes for the bar, I cut straight forward to the front of the covers. Here is a picture with a circle around the small cut that you can see. As I was installing them I just bent the panel around the bar till it's cut opening was around the bar. Now that I have some template, I'm going to pickup another pair at the junkyard and cut them with a hole saw for nice round holes. My covers have some stains on them that won't come out of the tan. So I need a new pair anyway.

Cut Panels for Ultra Racing Bar

Yeah the ST mounted a little weird but the little driving I've done I haven't noticed anything odd about it yet. Feels tight. I'll have a better review once it's got plates and insurance.

Last edited by Rilas; 08-06-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #93
Granite CB7
Contributing Member

Granite CB7 is very helpful Granite CB7 is very helpful
If you can't find panels as nice as your current ones, how about using a dremel with a rotozip bit to enlarge the opening slightly to a perfect circle? I used a rotozip bit to cut my holes and it worked really well. I don't think the circle would be that much bigger or that obnoxious IMO.
Granite CB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #94
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Thats not a bad idea at all. Although I found out I need to get a need passenger side panel anyway. My current one is for abs, I need a non abs panel to fit the wagon storage compartment on that side. I could trim it out, but that wouldn't be as neat.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #95
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
After a very busy weekend I actually have a garage that is clean, and other projects can get done it. It took most of the weekend to clean up the mess from Lola, and get everything organized. I'm happy to say that at least this stage of the build is more or less complete. I'm still waiting on a few misc clips, and other things from the Honda dealer.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #96
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Well after no updates for awhile I actually worked on something for Lola for a little bit. This past weekend I had to go to a wedding out of town. So I packed up my tools, along with the family and made a stop at a large junkyard along the way, you pick type.

While wandering the yard looking for Honda/Acura's I found one of the mythical unicorns of the 4th Gen Accord. A 1991 Honda Accord Phoenix Red DX Coupe! Someone had already gotten into it a little bit. But after scrounging around in it for a few minutes I found only the drivers scuff plate and one of the rear seatbelts were the only things taken. I spent about half an hour pulling all the rest of the trim out of the car, with the exception of the center console, e-brake lever, e-brake trim, and front seat belts (they are auto belts won't work in the SE.)

I also happened upon a 1999 Acura CL 3.0 Premium with Charcoal Grey leather interior, the front seats were in good condition for the age. The drivers side has only 1 rip in the front edge of the lower cushion. While the passenger side has some hard spots in it. I have some Leatherique I'm going to start working into it soon. This should soften it up in a few applications. I also got the top half of the back seat, the bottom was already gone . I do have a backseat set from a 2001 Honda Accord Coupe that is Charcoal Grey as well or maybe a touch lighter. Either way I'm going to see it I can get it to work for the time being until I can find a CL bottom.

After much driving yesterday in the morning to get home, having to work in the afternoon, and working on getting the trim into Lola for all the whee hours of the night into the morning I'm exhausted. I only took 1 picture of the progress so far, but more to come for sure.

Rear Passenger Side Trim Full Assembled

I'm not sure if I should go with the black or tan storage pocket. I do like the contrasting colors though. Should look great once the CL leathers are in there with all the trim.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #97
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
I managed to get some more of the interior swapped out last night. I should get most of the wrapped up in the next day or two. Slow progress due to all the trimming that needed to be done to get the leather inserts into the panels, as well as the seatbelt guide in the side covers. Not to mention redoing the trunk covers again. Also since the rear interior was out I took the time to vacuum and clean the area. There wasn't too much under the seat more or less just dirt and debris.

Side Lining Final (Need to pull it out one last time so I can swap out the seat belt to black.)

Trunk Side Lining (Much cleaner install this time around.)

Trunk Side Lining Passenger Side

Trunk Side Lining Driver Side

Drivers Side Rear Panels
Old 08-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #98
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
For the time being I'm done working on the back seat area. I do have a some drilling and tapping to finish up tonight, but otherwise it's done for now. I went with the '93 coupe rear seat bottom for now. I am actively trying to find the bottom half of a charcoal black rear seat from a 97-99 CL.

As you can see below the 6th gen coupe rear seat bottom is a little too small as well as not having enough height to it, to seat properly in our chasis. I was debating making it work for the time being anyway. Seeing as how it's going to be temporary until I can find a CL bottom I just skipped the effort and trouble and reinstalled the '93 rear seat bottom.

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 1

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 2

Test Fit of 6th Gen Coupe Rear Seat 3

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 1 (The seat sections aren't bolted down right now, the gaps close up when it's bolted down.)

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 2

Rear Seat with Accord Bottom 3

Eventually I will dye the carpet black. This will help offset the tan better, right now there is so much tan that I don't think it looks quite right yet. Also having the bottom half of the back seat matching colors would go a long way in helping this as well.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #99
CB7Denmark
CB7tuner Member

CB7Denmark is cool... so far.
That's a beautiful Priest M7!
Old 08-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #100
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB7Denmark View Post
That's a beautiful Priest M7!
Yes it is! I think it's cool that in a small city like ours we have some old military equipment around to look at. Even the museum, but I don't remember there being a whole lot in there. It's been a long time since I've visited though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: