CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM   #1
zedjr10
Gold Member

zedjr10 is cool... so far.
Responsive steering to left but much less than to right?

I have a 92 accord ex coupe 5 speed and i just installed struts and uca's on both sides along with steering rack, inner and outer tie rods. I also just got it aligned along with new tires. My steering is much more responsive now turning both ways but turning to the right it is much less. What would cause this. I might of not installed the uca arm on front passengers(maybe torqued too low) side correctly so i figured it might be this. I would think steering to the right though the front drivers side uca would have more of an effect on responsiveness. Anyone know?
zedjr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
domesticated
CB7tuner Member

domesticated seems to have made some friends!
Is it steering response (tires time reaction to steering input), steering sensitivity (cornering force of tire given steering angle), steering effort (torque on the steering wheel at a given angle), or steering damping (torque on the steering wheel given the rate of change of the steering wheel)?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
zedjr10
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domesticated View Post
Is it steering response (tires time reaction to steering input), steering sensitivity (cornering force of tire given steering angle), steering effort (torque on the steering wheel at a given angle), or steering damping (torque on the steering wheel given the rate of change of the steering wheel)?
Sorry did not realize there was so many steering term assessment words. Steering sensitivity i would say. The resistance you feel when you turn the wheel. Turning left feels more right as i can more feel the tires turning. I just assumed that was called responsiveness. So i hope this better explains things.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #4
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
Alignment. Assuming all the parts are good. Does the car roll perfectly straight on a flat road with the wheel dead center? Idk when I think different steering left and right I think alignment.
I know you replaced the rack, that included new inner and outer tie rods right? New uca's....did you do the lower ball joints? They would not affect steering really but one good one and one bad one may make one side feel tighter.
Does the steering have this affect when at a standstill?
Maybe you have air in that rack still. With the car running turn the wheel all the way left,pause all the way right,pause a few times while making sure your reservoir stays full. That's Honda fluid in there right?

......left it to a good friend back home.

Last edited by cb7 calling; 04-21-2017 at 05:40 AM.
cb7 calling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:31 AM   #5
zedjr10
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb7 calling View Post
Alignment. Assuming all the parts are good. Does the car roll perfectly straight on a flat road with the wheel dead center? Idk when I think different steering left and right I think alignment.
I know you replaced the rack, that included new inner and outer tie rods right? New uca's....did you do the lower ball joints? They would not affect steering really but one good one and one bad one may make one side feel tighter.
Does the steering have this affect when at a standstill?
Maybe you have air in that rack still. With the car running turn the wheel all the way left,pause all the way right,pause a few times while making sure your reservoir stays full. That's Honda fluid in there right?
I just got a 4 wheel alignment. I did not replace the lower ball joints even though they do need to be replaced at some point in time(i can here them creaking). yes it is honda mtf fluid. I will try to see if there is air in rack and get it out but i don't think that is the problem.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #6
cb7 calling
CB7tuner Member

cb7 calling is cool... so far.
If you hear the lbj's creaking new ones will feel tighter. Does steering input feel different when the car is stopped?

......left it to a good friend back home.

Last edited by cb7 calling; 04-22-2017 at 04:55 AM.
cb7 calling is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: