Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Thermostat DIY Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat DIY Replacement

Hey everyone! Not sure if this is the right section to be posting this (I apologize in advance if it's not.) But after reading around on different forums and such I realized there was a lot of people that were unsure about changing their Thermostat/Didn't know where to locate it, etc etc.

So the other day I had to replace the thermostat on my 90 Accord LX, Being that I was already doing the repair I thought I'd make an informational video on how to do it to help others out!

It is a bit of a longer video (about 11 minutes), But it contains good information for first timers since there is not a whole lot of information about this procedure on the internet (more specifically for our cars).

Tools and supplies needed for this job:
    Flathead screwdriver
    Rachet
    2" extension (recommended)
    10 mm socket
    New Thermostat
    New Thermostat gasket
    Coolant
    Rags

Once again I do apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Here is the video:
    http://youtu.be/xNAW3NoWRaw

Sick video, keep em comin'

Comment

You don't really need to remove the radiator hose from the housing. All you have to do is unbolt the housing with the hose still attached. You might argue that removing the hose gives you more clearance but it actually doesn't being that when you remove the housing the thermo is right there, completely accessible.

A lot of people have issues with finding and replacing the thermostat. Other than the camera being all over the place lol, good video.

Comment

Don't forget to top off the coolant and to bleed the system otherwise you're going to have all sorts of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          Don't forget to top off the coolant and to bleed the system otherwise you're going to have all sorts of problems.
          How do you bleed these cars?? Ive only done a 91 legend before??

Comment

Theres a 12mm bleeder valve/nipple on top of the thermostat housing.

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
              Theres a 12mm bleeder valve/nipple on top of the thermostat housing.
              Fosho! Thanks

Comment

nice video bro

Comment

Working...
                X