Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My cb7 smokes at startup then disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cb7 smokes at startup then disappears

At startup my cb gives off white smoke, then once it warms up the smoke disappears. What could this be? and how to properly diagnose this?

when it is warm, pressure test the cooling system and see if it holds pressure. sounds like an early sign of a head gasket.

sure it isnt condensation?
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What color smoke ?

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me610 View Post
        What color smoke ?
        He said white in the original post.

Comment

Guys thanks i am going to pressure test the cylinders and cooling system, can be head gasket or valve seals. Was just seeing what you guys may come up with, planning to drop the engine anyways. Just may end up rebuilding it if the head is not warped.

Comment

From what I understand white smoke on startup is leaky valve seals.
            But that doesn't rule out the head gasket

Comment

I thought if the head gasket was starting to go, that the smoke problem would get worse as the engine warms up, not better.

Or is it just that the hotter exhaust suspends the water molecules better, so that the smoke isn't as visible when the engine warms up?

Comment

both but when the motor is shut off, water will leak past the headgasket and sit inside the cylinder. ive seen cylinders rust when the motor has sat for a long time.

on my vw, it was so bad that it would misfire for a couple seconds on a cold start and then run fine as it warmed up but i would have to fill the reservoir every couple days. eventually when summer came, it started to overheat.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Maybe you have an oil leak? Is your engine clean? Try cleaning it with purple degreaser and once it's clean you'll have an easier time finding the leak
                  BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Oil leak is a different smoke color. White smoke is generally coolant or trapped condensation from water in fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      Oil leak is a different smoke color. White smoke is generally coolant or trapped condensation from water in fuel.
                      u are right is it like dark white greyish u know?or white like snow?
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                      i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

When I had an oil leak in the spark plug chamber, after I drained it and started my car there was a lot of white smoke
                        BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

I am no pro at telling the difference but I've been told you can feel the difference in your palm after holding your hand behind the exhaust. If I remember right its a little sticky when its coolant. Don't know if that helps any

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

Sounds like you want him to burn his hand off
                            BLOOD ON THE LEAVES

Comment

Originally posted by RoseRoyce View Post
                              Sounds like you want him to burn his hand off
                              Not at all, I didn't want him to hold the tip of the exhaust, and if it's only on start up then it's not going to be extremely hot.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199548

Comment

Working...
                              X