Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

knN Filter or short ram intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knN Filter or short ram intake

im debating on a KnN filter or air intake.... which of the two should i go with... friends telling me air intake.. is there any difference in the two if so what.....??

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
    you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Generic Short Ram Intake with K&N Cone filter.

Comment

Originally posted by FS92 View Post
      Generic Short Ram Intake with K&N Cone filter.
      I agree just get both.

"Live While You Live & Just Be Happy"

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 R3ason View Post
        im debating on a KnN filter or air intake.... which of the two should i go with... friends telling me air intake.. is there any difference in the two if so what.....??
        Are you talking about a K & N Drop-in Air-filter? If that is the case, the drop-in will be much cheaper (only around $50) but will not make that much of a difference. That's what I've got and I can tell a difference: it accelerates much easer once at speed, and revs SLIGHTLY quicker, but not that much. If you go with an "air intake" I assume you are talking about a short ram or cold-air intake. The short ram intake changes the whole piping of the intake (hence it replaces the old tubing and air box) but still sets in the engine bay. This change in piping would result in much better airflow and more noticeable power gains (still only like 5-10). Now if you go all the way with a cold-air intake, this completely reroutes the filter to outside (down below) the engine bay. So not only are you getting better piping as you do with the short ram, you get a filter positioned such that you draw in colder air from outside. Colder air is more dense and packs "more power per unit area."

So, in summary:

KnN drop-in: $50, only change the filter in the box, stock piping kept.

Short Ram: between $80-$175 changes the intake piping, but filter still inside engine bay.

Cold-Air: between $200-$275 Changes intake piping, and reroutes filter to out of the engine bay allowing colder air to be taken in.

I know it's long, but i hope this helps in your decision!

Please learn to type!!
        CHECK IT! My ride thread...
        http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
        Originally posted by deevergote
        You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

you can get a generic short ram for like 30$ plus once you get to the classifieds on here there even cheaper...

Comment

additional info you might want to consider..
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56646

Comment

Get a drop in filter

The only difference with getting a short ram is the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                Get a drop in filter

The only difference with getting a short ram is the sound.
                I was worried I had made a mistake just getting the drop in: you really think its just as much as an improvement with the drop-in as the whole short ram?

Please learn to type!!
                You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by kellogg_racing_ View Post
                  I was worried I had made a mistake just getting the drop in: you really think its just as much as an improvement with the drop-in as the whole short ram?
                  I would say yes. The stock filters are paperly / clothy and its more restrictive then the mesh material the k&N filter is made of

Honestly you wont notice a difference with either setup.

I did an h23a1 intake manifold swap and am still running the same stock intake box. i definetly notice a huge difference in my cars preformance after the swap even with the same intake box.

Comment

I did an h23a1 intake manifold swap and am still running the same stock intake box. i definetly notice a huge difference in my cars preformance after the swap even with the same intake box.
                    That's what I've been wanting to do. Once you find one (from junkyard, whatever) how much of a hassle is it to hook that bad boy up? I keep hearing you gotta hook up the vacuum line from some kind of secondary butterflies to a black box? What else do you have to do to make it work? I hear its an exact bolt-on fit though.

Thanks for the help too!

Please learn to type!!

Comment

That's what I've been wanting to do. Once you find one (from junkyard, whatever) how much of a hassle is it to hook that bad boy up? I keep hearing you gotta hook up the vacuum line from some kind of secondary butterflies to a black box? What else do you have to do to make it work? I hear its an exact bolt-on fit though.

Thanks for the help too!
                      its actually really easy to hook up

It depends on what engine you have honestly

If you have an f22a6 its alot easier becuse the intake manifolds are so similar.

if you have an f22a1 you need to hook up the butterflys to vaccum line or install the black box and you need to adapt the coolant lines to run to the new fast idle valve and IACV

over all its an easy swap and creates a big gain on f22a1 engines because they're current intake manifold is so restrictive in compairson to the h23a1.

Comment

its actually really easy to hook up

It depends on what engine you have honestly

If you have an f22a6 its alot easier becuse the intake manifolds are so similar.

if you have an f22a1 you need to hook up the butterflys to vaccum line or install the black box and you need to adapt the coolant lines to run to the new fast idle valve and IACV

over all its an easy swap and creates a big gain on f22a1 engines because they're current intake manifold is so restrictive in compairson to the h23a1.
                        Oh shoot. Sorry. I've got a f22a4.

Please learn to type!!

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
                          additional info you might want to consider..
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56646
                          Apexi filters are like $70 shipped, but well damn worth it if one wants the best filter.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Oh shoot. Sorry. I've got a f22a4.
                            Oh my bad i forgot to say

f22a1 and f22a4 both have the same intake manifold ( the restrictive one )

The h23a1 intake manifold upgrade is good for both a1's and a4's

Also you might want to look into getting a p12 ecu from a 1992-1995 prelude S

Comment

Also you might want to look into getting a p12 ecu from a 1992-1995 prelude S
                              Exactly what's on my list for this summer's shopping list I'm picking up a dc sports header tuesday, and i've already got a DNX cat-back exhaust, with the drop in K & N filter. Hopefully I can tell a diff with the header, and esp with the h23 manifold and the p12 ecu. Sorry for asking so much, but the h23 is just the runners right? Or do I need to swap the upper plenum too?

Please learn to type!!

Comment

Working...
                              X