Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h23/jdm f22b cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trah View Post
    I have both in the garage and I measured em both. Exactly the same... unless jdm people used the Usdm cams which I highly doubt.
    howd you measure them?
    COUPE K24

Comment

Sigh... measure measure subtract multiply blah blah take care
      Used a yarn then measured it with a tape measure...
      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Used a yarn then measured it with a tape measure...
        omfg

u would need a micrometer....and also the lobes can be almost the same size in yarn..but would not be the same on the micrometer..also the differnt angle of the lobes exzactly were the highest point on the lobe is giving it a longer duration...hence more air in and out and alot more to even post up....

good luck with your yarn tho
        Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 05-11-2011, 04:53 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
          omfg

u would need a micrometer....and also the lobes can be almost the same size in yarn..but would not be the same on the micrometer..also the differnt angle of the lobes exzactly were the highest point on the lobe is giving it a longer duration...hence more air in and out and alot more to even post up....

good luck with your yarn tho
          i did it for the lulz oh wells have fun

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I have both in the garage and I measured em both. Exactly the same... unless jdm people used the Usdm cams which I highly doubt.
            i did it for the lulz oh wells have fun
            fun is fun why would you argue with some one about wrong information and say there the same...this kid/op could have had a nasty deal on h23 cams and he wouldnt have gottin them because of you for your miss infomation...we hate miss infomation on this form.op came with a serious question and you countered with a joke answer..please dont do it again its rather annoying....

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
              fun is fun why would you argue with some one about wrong information and say there the same...this kid/op could have had a nasty deal on h23 cams and he wouldnt have gottin them because of you for your miss infomation...we hate miss infomation on this form.op came with a serious question and you countered with a joke answer..please dont do it again its rather annoying....
              i meant on measurment by using yarn yo... and i stand by my measurements.

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

yea that shits really not funny.
                COUPE K24

Comment

i meant on measurment by using yarn yo... and i stand by my measurements.
                  what measurements....YOU USED YARN AND A MEASURE TAPE!!!!i wouldnt even call that a measurement...you kno what..... im tired of arguing with a amuture moron...from here on out on this thread im done fighting with you...op choose wisely on your opitions and have a nice day.

my new turbo build

Comment

wow people can't take jokes about using yarn and a stick ruler for measurement. to ones own, I don't have to prove anything.... and if you think just feeling extra power after installation makes it true that you have an extra hp then you should put sandblaster abrasive inside your intake manifold let it suck it all up... what it would do is port and polish your motor without taking the head off.... sigh I laugh at people who tune with feeling or sound... I bet your one of those...

Mods close this thread

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

well first asshat nobody asked you to even come in my thread talking bullshit saying you measured them accurately and that they suck.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

wow people can't take jokes about using yarn and a stick ruler for measurement. to ones own, I don't have to prove anything.... and if you think just feeling extra power after installation makes it true that you have an extra hp then you should put sandblaster abrasive inside your intake manifold let it suck it all up... what it would do is port and polish your motor without taking the head off.... sigh I laugh at people who tune with feeling or sound... I bet your one of those...

Mods close this thread
                        If you say so, then i guess I should do it, no?

This thread is asking a legitimate question. You are giving poor information, then referring to it as a "joke" because you have no useful information to give. Now, this thread is half full of your bullshit, and people trying to make sense of it, rather than trying to answer the question at hand. If it's a stupid question, then you must know the real answer... so please share. If you don't know the answer, then you're just as "stupid" as the rest of the people in this thread... though unlike you, they are trying to figure out the real answer.

If you have nothing useful to contribute to this forum, perhaps you should leave. I could make that happen for you, if you'd like. I'll eagerly await your instructions, as you feel it is necessary to give orders to the staff here.

Comment

LOL this thread is really going of topic quick. The proper way to measure both lift and duration can be done while degreeing a camshaft in a motor during assembly this will be using a dial indicator on the retainer and using a degree wheel of course this process does involve some mathematical formulas to figure them out but they are not hard to do you just input the numbers in the formula.

If camshaft is out of motor. Lift can be calculated by placing camshaft in a cradle of some sort and setting up a dial indicator on the back side of the lobe and zero out the indicator. Then rotate the camshaft till the peak number shows on the indicator which is the top of the lobe. Then take that number and multiply the rocker arm ratio of the specific motor you are working on and boom theres your lift

If you are interested for performance camshafts for either the H23 or F22 DOHC we do offer custom performance regrinds here at Bisimoto if you like to shoot me a pm

Comment

Originally posted by Julio@Bisimoto View Post
                            LOL this thread is really going of topic quick. The proper way to measure both lift and duration can be done while degreeing a camshaft in a motor during assembly this will be using a dial indicator on the retainer and using a degree wheel of course this process does involve some mathematical formulas to figure them out but they are not hard to do you just input the numbers in the formula.

If camshaft is out of motor. Lift can be calculated by placing camshaft in a cradle of some sort and setting up a dial indicator on the back side of the lobe and zero out the indicator. Then rotate the camshaft till the peak number shows on the indicator which is the top of the lobe. Then take that number and multiply the rocker arm ratio of the specific motor you are working on and boom theres your lift

If you are interested for performance camshafts for either the H23 or F22 DOHC we do offer custom performance regrinds here at Bisimoto if you like to shoot me a pm
                            thanks for the input julio, bisi cams are awesome i have some h22 ones. anyways back to this off topic thread... arguments arguments arguments

sigh... fine i will contribute this

with my measurements

Intake Side

H23 - 7.08mm - 33.66mm - 27.96mm
                            F22 - 7.08mm - 33.65mm - 27.98mm (maybe a hair follicle got in the way)

Duration @ .050
                            Intake 183 degrees
                            Lift - .224in/5.7mm
                            Gross Lift - .414in/10.516mm
                            RR - oem spec

Exhaust Side

H23 - 7.22mm - 33.66mm - 28.12mm
                            F22 - 7.22mm - 33.66mm - 28.12mm
                            Lift - .218in/5.537mm
                            Gross Lift - .403in/10.236mm
                            RR - oem spec

Duration @.050
                            Exhaust 190 degrees (I dunno its supposed to be 183 oh wells maybe i need to go to school again...)

AND NOTE these are not new camshafts so normal wear and tear is expected.
                            ohh wells if im banned im banned. take care

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Trah, some people are cynics and can't tell internet sarcasm. Someone will ask a question and you can tell them an answer for free and they will jump on you for volunteering information. You could just tell them to STFU and go buy the parts and tools to go figure it out for themselves. Good on you for taking the high road. I wouldn't have.

FWIW using bubblegum and bailing wire I too got similar numbers for my H23A1 and F22B DOHC cams.

What's that internet saying? "Haters gonna hate?"

VTEC G27? = ???whp ???wtq
                              VTEC G23 = 220whp 191wtq
                              nonVTEC G23 = 200whp 183wtq
                              K24 iVTEC hybrid = 260whp 210wtq

Comment

Sadly, a lot of people don't get internet sarcasm... and more than once I've seen someone's "joke" being repeated as real information in the past. The last thing I want to see is someone damaging their car because they believed false information to be true. People are here to learn. This wouldn't be a very useful place if all the beginners remained ignorant, and all the knowledgeable people kept their knowledge amongst themselves. I know sites like that. I don't care for this one to become one.
                                I have nothing against anyone personally, and thank you trah for sharing useful information.

Comment

Working...
                                X