CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Appearance > Lighting

Old 11-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #1
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Question LED Tail Light Bulb Recommendations?

Hey Guys what LED bulbs should I get for my tail bulbs?

I looked at the sticky we have on here, but I'm wondering if it's outdated. (Better and cheaper bulbs out these days)

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
BreckAConner
CB7tuner Member

BreckAConner is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRON View Post
Hey Guys what LED bulbs should I get for my tail bulbs?

I looked at the sticky we have on here, but I'm wondering if it's outdated. (Better and cheaper bulbs out these days)
Too be honest if you don't use cruise go for it, or you might have to install a resistor like I did. Lately I have been thinking about buying a Canbus Error Free led light from ebay to try them out for my wagon. I always have issues with my Cruise not working when either I turn my parking lights or head lights on in my wagon, otherwise day driving cruise control works. As for my sedan I installed resistors and that's what fixed my problem for night time.

Use this to find your bulb your looking for - https://www.osram-americas.com/en-us...s/lrgmain.aspx

Here's some on ebay for an example - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...anbus&_sacat=0

1st - 1992 CB7 LX Sedan --> Sold

2nd - 1991 CB9 EX Wagon --> Extra

3rd - 1990 CB7 EX Sedan --> Totaled

4th - 1990 CB7 EX Sedan --> Daily

5th - 1990 CB7 LX Coupe --> Sold

Other - 1983 VT750c, 1997 RA1 LX & 1997 RA1 EX

Last edited by BreckAConner; 11-30-2016 at 09:44 PM.
BreckAConner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
accordluvr93
CB7tuner Member

accordluvr93 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to accordluvr93
Diode dynamics has good quality bulbs. I replaced my sedans and other cars interior bulbs. It's been several years and I have had no problems.
accordluvr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #4
BreckAConner
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordluvr93 View Post
Diode dynamics has good quality bulbs. I replaced my sedans and other cars interior bulbs. It's been several years and I have had no problems.
Really, I'm going to have to check this brand out myself. I get tired of buying ebay junk.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckAConner View Post
Too be honest if you don't use cruise go for it, or you might have to install a resistor like I did. Lately I have been thinking about buying a Canbus Error Free led light from ebay to try them out for my wagon. I always have issues with my Cruise not working when either I turn my parking lights or head lights on in my wagon, otherwise day driving cruise control works. As for my sedan I installed resistors and that's what fixed my problem for night time.

Use this to find your bulb your looking for - https://www.osram-americas.com/en-us...s/lrgmain.aspx

Here's some on ebay for an example - http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...anbus&_sacat=0
Yikes, I want my cruise to work still, I use that fairly often. So worst case scenario, I just have to install resistors i guess... Haha

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
BreckAConner
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRON View Post
Yikes, I want my cruise to work still, I use that fairly often. So worst case scenario, I just have to install resistors i guess... Haha
Or the error free bulbs, which I haven't tried yet, but supposedly they come with resistors in them so you don't have to install the resistors externally from the bulb.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:50 AM   #7
ShiroiKinCB
CB7tuner Member

ShiroiKinCB is cool... so far.

I think connecting a load resistor is worth it if you use these. It's nothing but splicing two wires together for each bulb that you use (red to red, black to black). I find anything sold on eBay that's L.E.D. Fail often, flicker, and the "engineers" that design them were not considering light output and quality. My whole light set up is literally all Sylvania L.E.D.'s and in total I'm using 6 load resistors. I highly recommend the Sylvania bulbs. They are extremely bright and visible in the day and night. Plus, it's Sylvania.

ShiroiKinCB

Last edited by ShiroiKinCB; 12-02-2016 at 01:55 AM.
ShiroiKinCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #8
accordluvr93
CB7tuner Member

accordluvr93 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to accordluvr93
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreckAConner View Post
Really, I'm going to have to check this brand out myself. I get tired of buying ebay junk.
yup and they are an american owned and operated business.
accordluvr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
hiptech
CB7tuner Member

hiptech seems to have made some friends! hiptech seems to have made some friends!
Might try VLEDS:
Code:
http://www.vleds.com/
I swapped my TSX bulbs about 9 years ago and found them here. They offer cutting edge LEDs and seem to be of good quality. While its a small operation, his support is very good.

My Collection:
93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)
hiptech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #10
Vermonter
CB7tuner Member

Vermonter is cool... so far.
Just an FYI for those of you who don't want to wire in resistors, as I myself have had issues with cheap resistors failing, you can buy a new flasher relay that doesn't require any specific resistance in order to work. They are about $8 on ebay and you just take out your old relay and plug the new one in. They make them for just about every car and bike out there, and I have been using one in my Goldwing for about 3 years without any issues. I think it's a heck of a lot less hassle than wiring in resistors.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: