CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > 4th Gen-eral > Racing > Auto-X / Road Racing

Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 AM   #21
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
For upgrades to a daily driver, I think that's actually a perfect setup.

Update on the Centric/StopTech stuff on my CTS-V... I've put quite a few miles on them now, in all conditions, and they're still great. I'm VERY pleased with the quality.

AEM TruTime cam gears (H22A), DSM 450cc injectors, Eaton M45 superchrager

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #22
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Centric/Stoptech is great stuff, been using them for a while now.

Here's my setup, as it is finally complete for the time being.

Suspension:
Koni Yellows, Ground Control w/ 10k front and 8k rear springs, and FFC extended top hats.
Tanabe front and rear sway bars
FFC 3-point front, and 2-point rear solid strut bars
Ultra Racing fender braces

Brakes:
Front - 5 lug, Acura RL calipers, Stillen pads, 12.8" Centric Premium high carbon rotors
Rear - 5 lug, Stoptech Street pads, Centric Premium high carbon rotors
Goodridge SS brake lines
40/40 prop valve.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with how the car is set up. Perfect combination of comfort and performance. Can't wait to take it to the track this upcoming year to see what it can do.
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:01 PM   #23
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Do those fender braces make a noticeable difference? I've seen them around for various cars, but I have yet to hear any definitive reviews of them.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
Corweena
CB7tuner Member

Corweena is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Do those fender braces make a noticeable difference? I've seen them around for various cars, but I have yet to hear any definitive reviews of them.
They do. Not much on street driving, but for harder driving yes. They connect from the door hinges to holes drilled in the front frame. Basically like a strut tower bar, but on a different axis. They won't make a huge change, but its still there. I got them free in a trade, otherwise I'd probably not have gotten them lol.
Corweena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

I thought about getting some for my Miata, but they're like $300, with mixed reviews. For a floppy convertible, the Miata doesn't seem to benefit much from the basic chassis braces!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:39 PM   #26
ukemike
CB7tuner Member

ukemike is cool... so far.
When upgrading our suspension on the LeMons car I did a ton of research. I cannot remember where I found a table of spring rates, but it seems like it was on this forum somewhere. Anyway the overwhelming majority of "sport" springs available for our cars were for lowering and had stock or softer rates. That's a recipe for bottoming out the suspension. The Neuspeed Race springs are a ~1.5 to 2" drop and are about 2x the spring rate as stock both front and back. We're pretty happy with ours. We paired them with the Koni oranges which have lasted well so far. I'd much rather have bilstiens or koni yellows, but we got the oranges on sale for about $80 each. It would be hard for me to say what the street ride is like. But they are not overly hard on a race track.

I'm intrigued by the fender braces. I jack up our car really often. I usually use the point front and center where the cross member Ts off with the other frame bit, then put jack stands under the jack points just behind the front wheels. When letting it down I see the front end droop about an inch! after it touches the jack stands. That chassis flex can't be good for the handling. I've been pondering how to brace it to make it stiffer. I wonder how these would work?
ukemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #27
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
Agree on the spring rates being too soft, i found that with Tein products too. I always wondered about the fender braces. Does anyone know someone who tried those under car braces you see on ebay?

edit: the one that goes under the flex pipe would never work on our cars. Too low.

Last edited by Raf99; 01-07-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #28
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
I'm looking into the fender braces as soon as I get Lola back. Hopefully this week. One of our member did buy and install the Ultra Racing fender braces for the CD5. Just have to do a bit of searching.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:29 PM   #29
Crankshaft
CB7tuner Member

Crankshaft is cool... so far.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crankshaft
[quote=ukemike;3264937]When upgrading our suspension on the LeMons car I did a ton of research. I cannot remember where I found a table of spring rates, but it seems like it was on this forum somewhere.

Boom there you go!
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=tein+tech
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #30
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d seems to have made some friends! fleetw00d seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukemike View Post
I'm intrigued by the fender braces. I jack up our car really often. I usually use the point front and center where the cross member Ts off with the other frame bit, then put jack stands under the jack points just behind the front wheels. When letting it down I see the front end droop about an inch! after it touches the jack stands. That chassis flex can't be good for the handling. I've been pondering how to brace it to make it stiffer. I wonder how these would work?
Sure it is drooping and not just teetering forward on the jack stands and lifting the rear end some?

LOTS of CB7 parts for sale http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192583

Working to relink my pictures. Please be patient. If there is one you particularly want to see, let me know.
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: