No announcement yet.

GT86, FR-S, BRZ thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually not surprised the S2000 doesn't get much out of bolt-ons. That NA power-per-liter is up there with Ferrari and Porsche - in fact, it held the record for a piston engine for ten years or something like that, only to finally be beaten by the 458 Italia by one single hp. Then consider that a K-series with bolt-ons and tune reaches about the same point that an S does with the same mods, it makes perfect sense. The result of bolt-ons is largely determined by the stock cams and pistons, and the comparison to the original externals. The S2000's external parts were just that good from the factory.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-11-2018, 03:46 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The S2000 is a work of art... but as the owner of a 2 seat convertible, I can say that it would probably be a frustrating daily. The BRZ is moderately more practical, I feel.

Comment

I drove an 05 CTSV with built heads and a huge cam, cooks long tube headers, and full exhaust today at work.... WHY the hell... doesn’t everybody drive one of those!? Ls6/t56 has me by the scrote right now. Seriously considering one.

Comment

Because gas mileage, maintenance and the price ask Deev. Isn't that what your mini truck is for?!?
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I feel like Deev could tell you (he owns one)

I still like the 1 series idea. E46s are a little too old... the N52 engine is pretty solid and has a lot of bolt on headroom. Also kind of important (one of the last NA I6 BMWs), not too expensive, not impractical either.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Yah, 15mpg premium fuel, oil consumption (normal with ls2s... I don’t like it), bushings and suspension bits that are all in need of replacement after 12 years, a truly horrid infotainment system, and some failing interior bits (passenger seat hasn’t worked since I bought the thing in 2012!)

I love my CTS-V for what it is, but once I started commuting 70+ miles per day, in traffic... I went back to an Accord!

Honestly, there are MANY rwd sport luxury sedans and coupes on the market today making between 300 and 400 horsepower. The V was, and still is, a good choice... but if larger, heavier, possibly more expensive cars are on the table... many doors open.

I’ve been considering getting rid of the V in favor of an Infiniti M35h. 360hp and 30mpg. Auto, sadly... and no more v8 rumble... but double the fuel economy!

Comment

Get you a 98-02 Z28 Chris; they are cheap with a decent powerplant from factory AND the T56 helps them get decent gas mileage. How many miles do you drive a week? My brother just bought a 00 Silvy and gets horrible gas mileage, after riding along with him i realized it is not the truck that gets the horrible mileage but the driver; just saying that our driving habits have more to do than we believe.
                Last edited by Crankshaft; 04-12-2018, 01:15 PM.
                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

My 02 Silverado 5.3 gets around 14-17mpg around town (depends on how I drive) and on the highways it does pretty well. We got 24mpg going 70+ to pigeon forge TN it may have a few mods, but the biggest factor is even though it's mild is that I had it professionally tuned Dyno and street. It does a lot better in all areas compared to factory.

As far as a newer car that you could possibly get a loan on and what not and within the same price range I'd shoot for a newer mustang in a 6cyl over a brz or the rest of the bunch.Ive driven a brz and while they do handle well they are slower than Christmas. To me said car would get boring to me and I'd be asking myself why I made such a decision shortly after purchasing that car.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    My 02 Silverado 5.3 gets around 14-17mpg around town (depends on how I drive) and on the highways it does pretty well. We got 24mpg going 70+ to pigeon forge TN it may have a few mods, but the biggest factor is even though it's mild is that I had it professionally tuned Dyno and street. It does a lot better in all areas compared to factory.

As far as a newer car that you could possibly get a loan on and what not and within the same price range I'd shoot for a newer mustang in a 6cyl over a brz or the rest of the bunch.Ive driven a brz and while they do handle well they are slower than Christmas. To me said car would get boring to me and I'd be asking myself why I made such a decision shortly after purchasing that car.
                    Im guessing that you have 3.73 or 410 gear ratio? My 01 GMC gets about 20 all around and can do a full 100 miles with just about an 1/8 tank on freeway driving with my 3.42. Hopefully with my 20s now it stays the same.

Comment

3.73 I live in a very hilly place here in the Appalachian mountains. When I bought the truck with factory everything including wheels and tires I would have been extremely lucky with 12-14mpg around here ain't nothing flat.

02 Crv
                      02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                      92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                      Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yes it’s what the truck is for! It’s just so hard saying no to the LS options. Rilas, you’re completely right. It wouldn’t be a good move.

Jesse, I drive around 200 miles a week. Work and back is 32 miles plus whatever else.

I’m looking at BMW’s now cause that really does seem like a good option. Seems the FT86 just isn’t what it should be.. which is depressing because it’s a great looking car.

Comment

Everytime I think BMW, the first thing that comes to mind is the sig someone had

BMW you work on it to keep it working not because you want to or something along those lines.

Honestly I think it comes down to what you want, not to be a male genital member but seems everytime a poll gets started the OP seems to go for nothing that was suggested(kind of when the wife asks what she should wear). I went from driving my CB, to my F150 then a corolla just to end up with my Sierra as a DD. It's not balls out fast or anything but it has grown on me.

Comment

Yeah I completely get that. We go in with what we think we want, and come out with something completely different. I have a truck for my manliness car (even if it’s a mini truck)

Who knows, I might wind up getting a Kia Soul or some shit..

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                              Yeah I completely get that. We go in with what we think we want, and come out with something completely different. I have a truck for my manliness car (even if it’s a mini truck)

Who knows, I might wind up getting a Kia Soul or some shit..
                              Kodiak

Comment

god no

Comment

Working...
                                X