Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

General preparation for new wheel fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General preparation for new wheel fitment

I plan to run some new wheels and have some questions regarding the prep or rather things I might have to do first for an obviously more aggressive wheel & tire setup. I am five lug converted and currently running OE 2001 CL 16” wheels.

First off the new wheels are 17X9 with a +25 offset 6” backspace. With this width and offset I’m pretty sure I will need to roll my fenders. With that, what happens to the inner wheel well liner? Dose it get removed? Can I cut it and leave some in at the bottoms maybe?
    Also the tire size choice: I would like to keep the tire just tucking under the fender all the way around. Would I need to stretch 215-40-17’s or could I run 225-40-17’s?
    I’m sure some of you guys are running similar setups. Let me know your input please. Thanks in advance.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

With the size you're going for, you will definitely need to roll the fenders. In which case, the wheel well lining will have to be removed. Haven't seen anyone cut them.

As far as tires, you'll need to stretch a 215/40 to be able to fit them inside the fender, and will probably need a fair amount of camber as well, so hope you have the proper suspension to do so.

Definitely gonna be a nice setup when lowered properly, but I hope you're going for a slammed and cambered look, because that's what you're gonna get.

Comment

17x9? For a 225 tire? Humble yourself and drop down to a more reasonable 17x7.5 or 8. With the right offset it won't matter.

On my last Accord I think I had a 16x7 wheel with I want to say a +30 offset, lowered pretty aggressively, and the fitment was spot on. That was on 205 width tires.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

225/40/17 is one of those sizes that really doesn't exist. No major brands make that size.

For the CB, I gotta agree, if you want a decent size tire, just stick with a 8" wide wheel. You can even fit a 235/40/17 on there if you want meaty. To run a 9, you really do have to play around and run a 215/40 or other smaller size unless you plan on doing some serious fender work.

Comment

I mean on my G37 now I am running 255s on a 9.5" wheel, and that is slightly stretched. A 215 on a 9" wheel would look ridiculous, unless OP wants that stretched look.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

As NaSJohnny said and it depends on how low you are going too. With your specs you'll stuff them in either way (add camber to correct rubbing) and in the end your #1 problem will the the downpipe hitting & the front upper control arms hitting.

Comment

The wheels I want only are 17x9 only. I’m not a big fan of the stretched cambered look. But I saw these wheels on another cb7 and I gotta have em.
              The wheels don’t poke out from the fenders either. I hate that tacky 80’s shit box look. At least not that is see in the one pic I have. They sit pretty flush and tuck just under the fenders with a little camber. I’m sure I’ll have to stretch the tires. I wish I didn’t have to but it’s not to an outrageous extent that I see. Thanks for the heads up on what to expect with these setups. It will have to be low to look good that’s one of my biggest worries but my commute is realatively smooth. (Crossing fingers)

~Mark~

Comment

frankee_figgs on instagram

17x9 +25. You will need a stretch. He ran 205/40/17 and rolled/pulled the fenders.

1clean92 on this forum:

16x8 -2 offset

Comment

That wagons stance looks pretty nice. I think I can live with that. The wheels I want are slightly concave so I’m hoping at +25 they’ll clear the Acura RL calipers I want to run. Thanks oni_cb7 for the idea pics.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                  X