Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

White wheels, go or no go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you paint them spray a clear on them also. It will make it easier to maintain them.

'90 Accord EX(project)
    '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
    '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Actually, if you want to make them real clean, when you first get the rims, wax them. That will the barrier preventing brake dust and dirt from bonding itself to the wheel.
      | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
        Actually, if you want to make them real clean, when you first get the rims, wax them. That will the barrier preventing brake dust and dirt from bonding itself to the wheel.
        exactly what i did but after awhile the wax wears off and you gotta do it again

but i'm staying white
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

if you think about it white wheeles go with amost any color car ive seen alot of honda's now days with offset white wheeles

Comment

I like the white wheels on ur CB!

Comment

i think you should go with white it will pop.. n stand out

Comment

white ftw!

Comment

Personally, i like white rims.

Don't mind the dents...working on that...

With my car being a lighter shade of blue than yours, i think it loses some of the "pop" that others are talking about. But with your car being much darker, i think it will contrast the rims very nicely and really make it stand out. Especially if you include the OZ Racing insignias in red.

I've been considering getting mine stripped and re-painted a glossy black...kinda the opposite of what your considering. So yeah, change is good and with something like this it can always be reversed.

I say go for it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

well, im most likely going to do this project this or next weekend (depends on weather and parents mood )
                    My plan:
                    Ill sand the paint off (any easier ways besides tire eating chemicals?)
                    Get standard primer and white paint

and

followed by

OR

What would you choose?
                    thanks!

^MRT^

Comment

since you have that deep blue color, white will go real good with that color. just sand down, prime, paint 2-3 layers and then clear coat. just make sure you take your time. the heat from the brakes will crack the paint. so i would suggest getting some high temp paint under the paint somewhere.

just an example...

Last edited by Shadow1; 09-07-2011, 10:08 PM.

Comment

i have painted a lot of rims and when i do i use high heat rustoleum paint ONLY because it is gas and oil resistant ....... sand, depending if you want it to come out lighter use grey or white primer and darker use black primer 1-2 layers, base coat 2-4 layers and clear 2-3 layers for best look and protection

Comment

ok im buying the paint tomorrow
                          but one of my friends brought up a good point, since the dark wheels blend with the tires the wheels look bigger. Since the white wheels contrast with the tires they will look smaller. Thats the only problem, im afraid the wheels will look too small after i paint them

^MRT^

Comment

Originally posted by AmznAzn View Post
                            ok im buying the paint tomorrow
                            but one of my friends brought up a good point, since the dark wheels blend with the tires the wheels look bigger. Since the white wheels contrast with the tires they will look smaller. Thats the only problem, im afraid the wheels will look too small after i paint them
                            not nessesarily it depend on the rim, size, style and also the tire size 205/50/16 is good for 16s and for 15s 205/45/15 or 205/50/15 maybe even 205/55/15

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM_ACCORD773 View Post
                              not nessesarily it depend on the rim, size, style and also the tire size 205/50/16 is good for 16s and for 15s 205/45/15 or 205/50/15 maybe even 205/55/15
                              Well, do you think they would look small on this style? (15" btw)
                              To be honest idk the tire size im running now. Im afraid if i go to a lower profile the overall wheel would look small

^MRT^

Comment

nice looks good

Comment

Working...
                                X