Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: 90-91 DIY "G-SQUARE" usable with 92-93 lights

This DIY is for people who have 92-93 HeadLights with 90-91 Grill and want to make it look more flush.

For this DIY I use a OEM 90-91 Grill, make it look like a G-SQUARE grill and also make it more more flush with 92-93 headlights.

Stuff needed:

OEM 90-91 Grill
    Something to cut with
    Screw Gun
    92-93 headLights, (I dont know what this grill would look like with 90-91 headlights)

*****NOTE IM BORROWING SOME STEPS FROM THIS DIY http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=grill*****

STEP 1:Get 90-91 grille, flip over and unscrew it all:

STEP 2:
    Once its a part cut where I mark it RED:
    A small saw will work just fine.

Step 3:
    Will look like this after cut:
    Won't need the bottom part.

STEP 5:
    Flip the grille and install it upside down. See in the picture how the hole where the "H" used to be is connected to the other part if the grill.
    Start from the middle and screw it on.
    ***See pic****

***See how the part of the grille where the hole for the "H" used to be is hidden and makes the Grill flush with no hole.*****

STEP 6: Now that you have it centered use the screw gun and screw it with one more screw on each side. I used drywall screw. Dont screw them in too far in or it will break on through to the otherside. So just screw it on enough that it holds up ***See pics****

FINAL PICS:

90-91 GRILL WITH 92-93 HEADLIGHTS:

See the gap is smaller almost looks like it fits

Painted:

Thanks for looking!

If you have any questions or if something isnt clearly written let me know. I tried typing it as clearly as possible.

-SNOOZE
    Last edited by SNOOZE; 04-26-2012, 10:51 AM.

Looks good bro

Comment

I don't see this as a gsqaure type grill. U just removed the gutz. But it does look nice not 2 have all that shit in the middle.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
        Looks good bro
        Thanks brah!
        Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        I don't see this as a gsqaure type grill. U just removed the gutz. But it does look nice not 2 have all that shit in the middle.
        What I mainly did on this DIY was hide the gaping hole where the "H" was to make it look smooth and make a 90-91 grill usable with 92-93 headlights.

An optional step could be putting Wire mesh in the middle

Comment

Great write up. I have a gutted 9091 grill and a 9293 car, I may have to try this on my day off.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            Great write up. I have a gutted 9091 grill and a 9293 car, I may have to try this on my day off.
            sweet bro, post pics of how it comes out.

Comment

This is actually a damn good idea. Nice write up bro and but shoot me a text sometime i got a new phone and lost all my contacts.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Originally posted by redlined302 View Post
                This is actually a damn good idea. Nice write up bro and but shoot me a text sometime i got a new phone and lost all my contacts.
                Thanks bro, I'll text you tonight

Comment

good DYI bro.. keep up the clean work with your cb and keep us posted..
                  AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
                  JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post

This DIY is for people who have 92-93 HeadLights with 90-91 Grill and want to make it look more flush.

For this DIY I use a OEM 90-91 Grill, make it look like a G-SQUARE grill and also make it more more flush with 92-93 headlights.

Stuff needed:

OEM 90-91 Grill
                    Something to cut with
                    Screw Gun
                    92-93 headLights, (I dont know what this grill would look like with 90-91 headlights)

*****NOTE IM BORROWING SOME STEPS FROM THIS DIY http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=grill*****

STEP 1:Get 90-91 grille, flip over and unscrew it all:

STEP 2:
                    Once its a part cut where I mark it RED:
                    A small saw will work just fine.

Step 3:
                    Will look like this after cut:
                    Won't need the bottom part.

STEP 5:
                    Flip the grille and install it upside down. See in the picture how the hole where the "H" used to be is connected to the other part if the grill.
                    Start from the middle and screw it on.
                    ***See pic****

***See how the part of the grille where the hole for the "H" used to be is hidden and makes the Grill flush with no hole.*****

STEP 6: Now that you have it centered use the screw gun and screw it with one more screw on each side. I used drywall screw. Dont screw them in too far in or it will break on through to the otherside. So just screw it on enough that it holds up ***See pics****

FINAL PICS:

90-91 GRILL WITH 92-93 HEADLIGHTS:

See the gap is smaller almost looks like it fits

Thanks for looking!

If you have any questions or if something isnt clearly written let me know. I tried typing it as clearly as possible.

-SNOOZE
                    nice looking car in there

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by F22 BEASTING View Post
                      nice looking car in there
                      Thanks bro, it's still underconstruction! Will be more done around August after summer.

Comment

man i like this im going to find a 9091 grill and do this for sure NICE DIY....

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
                        you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 R3ason View Post
                          man i like this im going to find a 9091 grill and do this for sure NICE DIY....
                          thanks bro! If you wanna take it another step you can add mesh in the middle. Post pics of how it comes out on here! good luck!

Comment

For this to sit flush, does the grill have to be flipped upside down? The grill I have already has the guts removed and the spot where the H was filled in. It just needs sanded and painted. Got the day off, don't have anything going, I may grab some sandpaper and some frost white spray paint and do this, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                              For this to sit flush, does the grill have to be flipped upside down? The grill I have already has the guts removed and the spot where the H was filled in. It just needs sanded and painted. Got the day off, don't have anything going, I may grab some sandpaper and some frost white spray paint and do this, soon.
                              Yeah has to be flipped upside down.

Comment

Working...
                              X