Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22 swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran the stock exhaust for a few months... didn't last very long.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I ran the stock exhaust for a few months... didn't last very long.
      Did it give you any issues or you just wanted to upgrade?

Comment

It blew off... I don't recall if it rusted, or if it just fell off, as it was over a decade ago.

Comment

Congrats on getting it started up, looks very clean. You've inspired me to do my swap on my own.

I'll be going with Yonaka just because it seems to be the quietest aftermarket cat back for the price. Not too concerned with having the best of the best, just don't want airflow to be restricted.

Comment

Congrats on getting the car running! Hopefully you'll get the bugs sorted out. You are going to love that engine compared to the F. For both my swaps and the PS issue, i was using a 94-97 accord PS pump and just had a shop make the line I needed. (94-97 on pump side, 93 accord on rack side).

Comment

Originally posted by IgnoredCBsavior View Post
              Congrats on getting it started up, looks very clean. You've inspired me to do my swap on my own.

I'll be going with Yonaka just because it seems to be the quietest aftermarket cat back for the price. Not too concerned with having the best of the best, just don't want airflow to be restricted.
              Thanks. I really wanted it to look as oem as possible. I'll check out the Yonaka. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Congrats on getting the car running! Hopefully you'll get the bugs sorted out. You are going to love that engine compared to the F. For both my swaps and the PS issue, i was using a 94-97 accord PS pump and just had a shop make the line I needed. (94-97 on pump side, 93 accord on rack side).
                Thanks. Finally had some time to work the kinks out. The hesitation just got worse and worse. I would clear the ecm and drive it home from work. Just as I got off my exit I would get a code 1. I checked every wire from every sensor to every pin on the ecm. I did voltage drop tests across every connector on every wire. Swapped a known good P13, swapped a chipped P28 from an H swapped car...nothing.

I was using the Accord O2 because the H22 connector was same as harness connector. I swapped another connector on the O2, installed it and that still didn't help.

I read that the F22 FPR was the same as H22. Then I read it was different so I swapped the H22 on.

Checked valve adjustment again.

Finally I swapped the jdm H22 distributor on, I was running an external coil US aftermarket one. Drives smooth as shit. Power all the way to redline. Very happy guy right now.

Currently have the M2B4 out of the car getting ready to do synchros and bearings which I should of did when I got it. Going from that to the Accord trans is killing me. Can't wait to get it back in.

I'm still looking for the H22 p/s bracket and I'm going to do what you and others have done and have a custom line made.

Comment

Working...
                X