Susp: Installing front SPC Balljoint camber kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susp: Installing front SPC Balljoint camber kit

Well i finally got around to installing my camber kit last night.. Pretty straight forward affair. Very High quality parts for being made in china
    But considering this is the best camber kit for the front of our cars

Tools needed:

10mm, 17mm, Needle Nose, Hammer, and a Vise or press

Upper Arm Removal Process
    Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Useing the nut from your old ball joint (flipped upside down for better strength) Hit the nut with a hammer until she pops loose
    Alt Method: Use a pickle fork or other form of balljoint seperator

Step 5:
    Remove the upper arm nuts in the engine bay

Like this..

And pull your old arm out

Like so!
    Now the fun begins

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Now i had removed the balljoints from my extra arms a few days previously so i had time to prep and paint them..

To remove the balljoint;
    Scrap all the crud and dirt off it.. And find/remove the snap-ring keeping it from coming out.

Using the triangular hole in a jackstand (NOT the ones holding up your car!!!) I had that to hold the arm while i pounded the balljoint out with a hammer.. A socket about the size of te Bj eases removal

I already have poly bushing so i transfered my anchors from the old arms to the new ones

Installing camber plate
    So heres your arms. Bare!

And heres your camber plate

Step 1:
    Line the slot in the camber plate up straight with the hashmark/notch in the control arm

Step 2:
    Put it in a vice and clamp her down as straight as you can

Step 3:
    Remove arm and insure that the plate was pressed down properly/straight.

Step 4:
    Put the Rest of the camber kit together

Note: Be sure to recognize which way the balljoints are facing, One way is for positive camber and the other is for negative

So here it is side by side with the old one

So now just reverse of removal! Toque the baljoint bold to spec, of in my case German Specs- GootanTight

And heres your final product!

Now go get an alignment!

I recomment STRAIT ALIGNMENT in Port Angeles, WA!!! =]
    Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 07-17-2011, 03:29 PM.

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Very nice DIY writeup dude!
      My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Thank you sire twas my first

8 Accords so far:

Comment

GOOD STUFF!! I was wondering about this and this was a major help!

reps 2U!

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

nice write up!

is there any hitting after install?
            -My Member Ride thread-
            -JL store-

Comment

Nothin knocks at all yet... but i gotta adjust theseeee a bit to test it out

Hahah but thx alot guys i appreciate the comments.. It was my first DIY i shoulda done one for the coilover install and i still might

8 Accords so far:

Comment

i heard the FnF has a good ride....

well,keep us updated later.Thanks !
                -My Member Ride thread-
                -JL store-

Comment

ahhhh ur ok we all can install coilovers! lol but nice work and for actually building a car correctly people in my area are lost with camber duhhhh whats a camber kit thats my neighborhood. well the tuners
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                  i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

yea u like that set up/
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Heh yea coilover installation isnt exactly hard.. I also recient installed my SPC rear upper control arms.. No real good pics of them yet tho, Mayb ill take some next time i rotate tires

The ride is awesome! I love the coilovers.. Plenty agressive and not to stiff. I get the three wheel motion alot when going sideways into my driveway too Thats how you kno its stiff enough!

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Figured i might bump this thread in case ppl are buying these. Ive had a few guys ask me about them lately and even had 2 order them because of me.

I also have all the pics from my install of the extreme angle kit on my wagon if anyone needs them, ill post pics when i get a few mins

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Assuming doing it this way you don't have to grind your control arms down? The problem I'm having with my Ingals kit is it pushes the control arm out instead of the ball joint and I had to grind then ends down to prevent them from hitting my body. I have brand new upper control arms. But maybe I should switch out these.
                          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Great write up lots of details.
                            MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

No grinding necessary
                              Thx, I have a lot more with my wagons install process

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Working...
                              X