Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking oil where the spark plugs are please help

hello everyone,

yes i have read around about getting oil where the spark plugs are. everyone is saying o rings under the valve train i have done that and the seals under the valve cover. before i changed the o rings i would get oil in all 4 spark plug areas. when i changed my o rings about hmmmm i say about 5k ago i also changed my spark plugs. now after i changed them i get oil in 2,3,4 not 1.

do yall know what my problem could be. do i have like a bad head or something. cause im absolutely going crazy. and its not just a little oil 2 and 3 are the worst like 2 or 3 inch's high of oil. 4 is not as bad but still. and it also is missing cause of it i believe.

any help at all is very appreciated
    thx in advance mike

Yesterday I was checkin my plug wires, and discovered cylinder #1 was dam nearly filled to the top in oil. I had to suck the oil out with a straw. Turns out when I put the vc on last time, one of the seals under the vc came loose and fell behind the valvetrain, im lucky the rubber didn't tear inside my head.

I put seal back, I havnt seen oil yet.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

wow you got lucky dude.

but im postive it didnt fall out.

Comment

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Remove the VC & check it out again.

Where did you buy the seals from?

If you already haven't I would get the seals from Honda.

94 Accord Wagon EX-R/H22A 5 speed
          91 Accord Wagon EX-R/ F22A6 5 speed
          93 Accord Wagon EX/ F22A4
          91 Accord Sedan EX/ F22A4 5 speed
          94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1 5 speed
          94 Accord Sedan EX-R/ F22b1

Comment

i believe i bought it from autozone.

ok ill get them from honda

thx bro
            mike

EDIT: it was a felpro gasket set
            Last edited by $KAT3R_rc; 03-14-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

well i fixed the problem no more oil its freakin gone i replaced the VC and did upper seals and VC gasket. i guess some1 that owned the car be4 me ran it hot or something idk. but im happy as hell to have that crap fixed.

just thought i let yall know

mike

Comment

whats a vc

Comment

Originally posted by david17 View Post
                  whats a vc
                  valve cover

MY RIDE thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157293

Comment

good thing that fixed your problem man, but if the problem persists, then you would be wanting to look at your camshaft cradle? i think that's the name for it, because there are o-ring even further down in your sparkplug runners. this requires taking off the top support system from your camshaft to reach these o-rings. this may sound confusing, but its a common problem. i hope "Hondafan81" would see this and give a better description.....

Comment

Originally posted by cornerkid322 View Post
                      good thing that fixed your problem man, but if the problem persists, then you would be wanting to look at your camshaft cradle? i think that's the name for it, because there are o-ring even further down in your sparkplug runners. this requires taking off the top support system from your camshaft to reach these o-rings. this may sound confusing, but its a common problem. i hope "Hondafan81" would see this and give a better description.....
                      I did that long time ago man, twice i did it and was still leaking. I just now have a small leak into number 1 but thats not really a problem for me. all 4 was a problem big problem for me.

Mike

Comment

glad u fixed it
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I think my CB is in need of some new O-Rings as well, anyone know if this reqiures a torque wrench? Or even Better yet any DIY on here??

Comment

Originally posted by 90Lx-clusive View Post
                            I think my CB is in need of some new O-Rings as well, anyone know if this reqiures a torque wrench? ??
                            yes it does. one that goes to 9 ft/lbs.

Comment

Yea when I installed my cam I replaced the dried up o-rings under the valvetrain and I have a tiny little puddle in no.3 which isnt too bad I dont think. Honda gaskets ftw son!

Comment

Working...
                              X