Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 accord auto trans slipping plz help

Hello everyone,

sorry to make another thread about this but my auto trans is slipping. fliud is filled and is not burnt at all. Car has 185xxx but changed the trans at like 173xxx I wanna say. Have no idea how many miles were on the trans from the junkyard. but i did like 4 drain and refills because the filled was black lol. Plus my old trans had burnt up because I did over 1k of miles with running it low on fliud becuase i bought a drive axle from advance and the ring came off the end of the axle and i was leaking trans fliud and didnt know about it. anyways that old trans had purple fliud so that was mixed in with new fliud.

These are the problems, trans is slipping threw out all the gears. If i let it cool off for 10 mins its good for like 2 miles maybe not even that. If I try and manually shift its ok for a little bit but then starts to slip again. so i think it aint the TCU. It just seems to me that it over heats then slips.

Could that be the solenoids....i didnt think if those went bad it would cause the trans to slip? or if they needed to be cleaned out?

or could it be that the torque converter is not working right?

thank you in advance but if its the trans its still under warranty i just gota do the work myself again lol.

EDIT....
    if i was to replace or clean the soleniods which ones would it be?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=d81b1e86e5
    Last edited by $KAT3R_rc; 01-31-2011, 05:52 AM.

BUMP!!!! plz some body anybody

Comment

The first pic is the shift solenoids. Unbolt them and clean them with brake cleaner.

See if the trans is throwing any codes.

What are the other two pics?
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

2nd pic is the lower solenoids and the 3rd pic is some kind of solenoids i think. they are like on the side of the tranny. how do you check for codes from the TCU?
        Last edited by $KAT3R_rc; 01-31-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

ive been reading around and i think the top solenoids are lock up ones. the lower solenoids are the shift solenoids?

Comment

Working...
          X