Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

The STILL don't know what I'm doing 5spd/jdm swap build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The STILL don't know what I'm doing 5spd/jdm swap build thread!

Continuation of this thread http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=205734 because i posted in the wrong section. Only update is that my swap mounts are in and I went to the yard and pulled a clutch pedal. On that note, does anyone know how to get the brake pedal arm off? I could not for the life of me figure it out, it was a little cold and obviously cramped in there but a little insight for the next visit would be helpful.

dem mounts tho

removing/install the pedals looks to be a miserable task...theres just no room to work with, I dont see how this is such a popular swap lol. Maybe once I actually do it I'll look back and say its easy

The easiest way is to just pull the pivot bolt for the brake pedal and pull the pin for the master cylinder. Once you do that the whole pedal itself should just drop out. It's much much easier than swapping out the assembly. I'm a big guy and it wasn't the best thing in the world but it's accomplished within 2 hours.

I did the swap myself a few weeks ago and I accomplished it all within a day. It's worth it in my opinion, especially since everything just bolts in.

Comment

Thanks Mike, hopefully I can pick that up on my next run

Comment

Unbolt the driver's seat and you will have plenty of room.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
          Unbolt the driver's seat and you will have plenty of room.
          x2 You'll have more leg room than a Bently. Make sure you get the two safety switches that the pedal presses to start the car. There should be two rubber stopper bushing things on the pedal too, don't forget those.

Comment

The switches are only necessary if you plan on keeping cruise control and wiring the other switch as your starter safety switch.

Comment

Not dead, just been busy! Started new job working at a honda dealer and that consumes all of my time. I did, however manage to pick up a m2f4 trans, I have a h23 trans also and got a bunch of parts needed for the manual swap

now I think I need to order this for the wiring, a ecu with a decent basemap for the motor I put in
              http://www.rywire.com/product-p/sub-...subharness.htm
              and this to solve the whole clutch dampener situation
              http://www.rywire.com/rywire-accord-...-line-h12m.htm

And of course the motor...although I'm not pressed to get it because I dont really have anywhere to store it. Plans are to still go with the h23vtec unless I come across a dumb deal on a h22

also..here's a picture of my daily...just because lol

Comment

Here's the trans, hopefully it works!

Was nice out today, decided to put the pedals in. Holy hell boys you guys werent kidding about the spring thing being a bitch to install lol

Comment

man that truck is CLEAN.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

lookin pretty good good!
                    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Thanks guys! I wanna say I'll end up having a motor by the end of the month but something always ends up happening.

Comment

Nice truck man

Comment

Thanks boss

Hopefully picking up an h22a tomorrow for this thing. Anything I should do while the motor is out? I dont care about having a clean engine bay or any of that crap, just stuff that will make the swap easier. I still need to buy a clutch line, the jumper harness and a ecu

Comment

Got a little present for my cb7

Comment

what dis that run you and where did you get it from

Comment

Working...
                              X