No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for completion? I hated taking my dash apart. In hindsight, it really wasn't that difficult and I shouldn't complain.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

In all honesty, Honda dashes are pretty organized. Ever take apart a BMW Mini Cooper? Felt like over 100 torx fasteners, drilling holes into the dash (per OEM instructions) to reach like 10 of them.

Looks great, man. AND! Holy kick panels Batman! Did you make those?

Comment

Nice job John. Can’t wait to rip my dash out once again. It gets easy after the first few times. Now it’s time to slowly change everything to black. Pssst.... hit me up, I can get you your black interior fix and make your switches light all evil to match ;D
        Last edited by NH-503P-3; 12-21-2018, 01:43 AM.
        5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Nice job swapping the dash and man those Q-Logic kickpanels look good, wish they still made them.

Comment

Great job John, we really need to get you some black leather door panels.

If you go directly to the Q Logic website they still sell them. $250 for a pair of them. Looks like you can get them in about 5-6 colors.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I noticed that black dash is 90-91. Did you have to notch it to get your front cluster/climate control bezel to fit?

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Time for completion? I hated taking my dash apart. In hindsight, it really wasn't that difficult and I shouldn't complain.
                Completion for a full black interior.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                In all honesty, Honda dashes are pretty organized. Ever take apart a BMW Mini Cooper? Felt like over 100 torx fasteners, drilling holes into the dash (per OEM instructions) to reach like 10 of them.

Looks great, man. AND! Holy kick panels Batman! Did you make those?
                Ahhh Only the elders will recognize the Q-Logic kick panels (see below)

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                Nice job John. Can’t wait to rip my dash out once again. It gets easy after the first few times. Now it’s time to slowly change everything to black. Pssst.... hit me up, I can get you your black interior fix and make your switches light all evil to match ;D

I think I have these already... let me get a pic.

Originally posted by talonted1990 View Post
                Nice job swapping the dash and man those Q-Logic kickpanels look good, wish they still made them.
                Think they still make them

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                Great job John, we really need to get you some black leather door panels.

If you go directly to the Q Logic website they still sell them. $250 for a pair of them. Looks like you can get them in about 5-6 colors.

I noticed that black dash is 90-91. Did you have to notch it to get your front cluster/climate control bezel to fit?
                No, I never had to cut anything.

Appreciate ya'll stopping by. Great to see folks. I will be on the look out for black door panels in Jan. What I need is someone crazy enough to ship them. But ya... now they stand out like mad. Looking at this pic the ONLY thing grey is the door panel haha (and the seat belts).

Comment

I’ve got a black e-brake handle for you if you need one also.

~Mark~

Comment

I’ve got a black e-brake handle for you if you need one also.
                    No thanks. A while ago I ordered all black....
                    - center console
                    - e-brake handle
                    - door trim (handle, lock button/trim, door handles, plugs
                    - B pillars

I've painted the door sils too and other areas are black. Shit, looking at the car now the only things grey are:

- door panels
                    - rear view mirror
                    - this piece that goes around the door on the inside.... / part of headliner??
                    - seat belts

& it takes a lot of work to get to this point taking into consideration:

- rear deck re-fabric black
                    - door panel inserts re-fabric black
                    - new rug black
                    - paint rear seats black

I think the remaining pieces will be tricky to find.

Comment

I also bought a better OEM quality of these. Big thanks to Losiracer2 for these!

First set I've seen which had these clips, not sure where they go yet.

Comment

I've also been tackling other issues with the car. Others may have seen my other thread on valve lash adjusting. I finally buckled down and bought the tools and did the adjustments myself. Turns out cylinder #2 was sticking open a bit. The only thing left with that is to do a full compression test.

I also ordered 20' of 2AWG black wire to run to the battery. I'll also drain the coolant to take the ends off to be re-welded. I still need to make the upper coolant hose braided. That won't happen until the 2nd week of Jan.

The only other items on the list are.... door switches / lights. But I won't do that until I get door panels.

....... hmmmmmmm................. I need a head to start modifying. What should one aim for when building a H22 head for 500+HP ? Just springs?

Comment

the gold clips for the window visors go where the black clips go. they are like a bushing against metal on metal corrosion between your door metal and the window clip metal.

P.S. nice arcadia green cluster bezel. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                            the gold clips for the window visors go where the black clips go. they are like a bushing against metal on metal corrosion between your door metal and the window clip metal.

P.S. nice arcadia green cluster bezel. later.
                            Ya, how long ago was it that I bought that from you?

Comment

Was also practicing my welds last night. Really do get a lot of slag with a no gas mig. The last one i really started to let the material build up. Kind of started to clue in as to how to 1. create the puddle, 2. drag it along or add to it

Comment

Welds need more amps and gas helps a ton. Tig>mig if you are looking for nice welds

Better valve train in general, not just springs.

Where you are at on your compressor map for airflow? If your turbo supports it, adding pressure will be 90% of what gets you there on the power. Cams will be important too.

What rpm do you turn the motor to currently?

Most likely the easiest way to your power goals are more pressure, more rpms and cam work/valve train work.
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                                X