Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Questions about lowering on 14's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about lowering on 14's?

Hey cb7tuner, I have a quick question about lowering my car. I want to lower my car roughly 2 or 2.5 inches (yes I'm doing it the right way) anyways, I've been advised many times by people not to lower on 14's but I've never gotten an answer as to why not. Does 14's and 15's diameter make that big a difference?

My tire specs are P185/70 R14. Will I be fine lowering it 2-2.5 inches? Also, if I decide to get 15's in the future, and stick with 185/70, will the fitment be near the same?

Originally posted by dizzyw View Post
    Hey cb7tuner, I have a quick question about lowering my car. I want to lower my car roughly 2 or 2.5 inches (yes I'm doing it the right way) anyways, I've been advised many times by people not to lower on 14's but I've never gotten an answer as to why not. Does 14's and 15's diameter make that big a difference?

My tire specs are P185/70 R14. Will I be fine lowering it 2-2.5 inches? Also, if I decide to get 15's in the future, and stick with 185/70, will the fitment be near the same?
    makes a noticeable difference in tire/wheel size
    you should be fine 2-2.5" but you will be pretty low not slammed but right at it
    if you decide 15's i think to equal same diameter as you have, you would need a 195/60/15
    if you rub while you turn, you could use a 5-8mm wheel spacer and/or camber corrections
    -Tyler

Comment

I haven't had any problems at all. My car is lowered 2.5" and if anything ,the suspension feels a lot softer due to the larger profile tires..

Comment

When changing wheel size, the overall wheel/tire diameter should remain exactly the same. Anyone who advised you not to lower on 14" wheels for mechanical reasons is an idiot, and i suggest you never take car advice from them again! Most will say not to do it because it won't look very good by today's standards. Most people prefer at least a 16" wheel (15" is becoming more popular, though.)

Upgrading to a larger diameter wheel often means upgrading to a wider wheel as well. Wheel width and offset are two things that can cause clearance and fitment issues when lowering.

Now, the big question is... what are you lowering your car on?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          When changing wheel size, the overall wheel/tire diameter should remain exactly the same. Anyone who advised you not to lower on 14" wheels for mechanical reasons is an idiot, and i suggest you never take car advice from them again! Most will say not to do it because it won't look very good by today's standards. Most people prefer at least a 16" wheel (15" is becoming more popular, though.)

Upgrading to a larger diameter wheel often means upgrading to a wider wheel as well. Wheel width and offset are two things that can cause clearance and fitment issues when lowering.

Now, the big question is... what are you lowering your car on?
          I was waiting for this question, and I was about to ask it. And rather than writing a book again Deev, you must have a FAQ for this by now

Comment

Thanks guys I'm going to go for it! I'm going with koni yellows with H&R race, tein s techs or possibly sportlines. Do you guys think I could get away with koni oranges with sportlines or s techs?

Comment

Working...
            X