No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to pick one of these up tomorrow. I'm going to see which of the three this guy has is the best and purchase it.

http://joplin.craigslist.org/pts/4725904815.html

Comment

I could have a catastrophic problem on my hands.

The rear pinion yoke has a ton of play in it. It looks as if it's about to fall out of the rear end. I never noticed it and it never made any noise. I'm hoping the bolt just backed off and I can tighten it up. Apparently it's not uncommon with the 10.25" and heavy towing.

Comment

If your rear pinion goes out what is your plan? Axle upgrade or a rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          If your rear pinion goes out what is your plan? Axle upgrade or a rebuild?
          Upgrade to a 10.50" if I can find one. But I have done a bunch of reading and it most likely just backed the bolt out. If it will tighten up most of the way but I'm still not happy with it then it should make it through the winter and I will decide what I want to do in the Spring.

I would be glad if it would just tighten up. I would leave it as the rear end is solid other than the pinion being loose.

Comment

My temporary 10" air cleaner. The engine spends most of it's time at 25% throttle or less and at less than 2200RPM. So the flow of this air cleaner will be enough for now.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Thank fuck... The nut was just loose. Going to put a seal in it though as it's leaking like a son of a bitch. Some of what appears to be leaking is PB Blaster from the U-Joint nuts.

I can turn the nut with my finger. Just what I wanted to find.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Every truck I have gets the Confederate flag headliner. This one will be no different. I bought a bulk of 3'x5' Confederate flags a few years ago.
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Valvoline 80W90 Dura-blend Synthetic for the T19 4 speed.

And a new water pump. I done a lot of digging and found out that the NAPA Tru-Flow water pumps are made by Gates.

Also some degreaser.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    Thank fuck... The nut was just loose. Going to put a seal in it though as it's leaking like a son of a bitch. Some of what appears to be leaking is PB Blaster from the U-Joint nuts.

I can turn the nut with my finger. Just what I wanted to find.

you lucked out. A rear end swap would have been expensive.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                      you lucked out. A rear end swap would have been expensive.
                      Yeah, about $1000.

I bought a Kat's block heater and a sheet of Mr. Gasket exhaust gasket to make a custom exhaust gasket as I can not find the one I need anywhere.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Spectra heater core. Motorcraft stater solenoid. Precision fuel pump assembly. Castrol Transmax ATF (for Borg Warner 1345 transfer case).

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

New brake master cylinder and brake booster. The box it's sitting on is my "standin' box". I need it to stand on to work on this truck because I'm short (5'8"). I shot at it a couple times one day and afterwards thought it would be a great box to stand on.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

NAPA Brake booster and brake master cylinder installed.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

seems like with every new vehicle you get its just non stop parts. I love it man. your doing a fine job
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                                seems like with every new vehicle you get its just non stop parts. I love it man. your doing a fine job
                                Thanks Ryan. If only you were here to help me like old times.

Comment

Working...
                                X