Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

And it began...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tails look good in that pic!

im it ehh...

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Alright, so the SRI is in! Hallelujah! And yes, the gains are noticeable, the sound is amazing, and it looks great!

Pics!

Stock air box.

Comparison photo.

Installed!

I ordered a generic one off of Amazon, cost about $55 with shipping. Not bad at all. The quality is instantly apparent, the tubing is quality aluminum, nice enough welds, good tubing, sturdy smooth flowing filter, and overall lightweight. I was expecting a cheap, flimsy filter, but I am absolutely pleased with it. The install was easy! I disconnected the battery and removed the bumper. I then removed all of the OEM intake which included the tube, the air box, the breather tubes, the resonator(EX only), the resonator solenoid(EX only), the second breather tube(Ex only), and the lower air box. On the EX, just disconnect the plug from the solenoid, and the vacuum line. Follow the vacuum line back to the intake manifold, then cut it and plug it. I used a screw until I can get to an auto parts store to pick up a cap. Then I put in the coupler first, on the throttle body, then the tube, then the filter. Connect up the breather hose, which replaces the whole OEM hose set up, and connect the upper vacuum line. Not all intakes have a nipple for that line, my buddy's AEM on his Prelude lacked it. Now, on models with ABS, the ABS assembly will touch the intake tubing. I just placed a piece of heavy duct tape, four times folded, between the two where they touch. You may also have to turn the clamp that is on a hose going into the ABS assembly. Tighten everything down, put the bumper back on, and enjoy! Note: You need to reset your ECU before running an aftermarket intake. It's as simple as disconnecting your battery before you begin, and reconnecting it after you are done. This should give it enough time to reset. Let it run for 5 minutes before taking it for a test drive.

Mine is not C.A.R.B legal, so I kept the OEM air box and hose for SMOG time. I doubt I will have a problem, but just in case.

Don't know what is next, but I'll keep you updated!

Everything that came out.

Last edited by DumbleDore!; 03-03-2013, 11:20 PM.

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Comment

One more thing. While driving back from out of town yesterday, I heard a sound that sounded like something spinning and hitting something. When I got home, I lifted the hood and checked everything, couldn't find the source of the noise. Then... turns out one of the spot welds that hold the C.A.R.B tag onto the header, shot off. Lol Leaving a tiny hole. So I plugged it with a simple machine screw, until my buddy can put a weld on it. Got rid of the noise.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
          tails look good in that pic!

im it ehh...
          I know, I like that picture.
          Last edited by DumbleDore!; 03-04-2013, 07:22 PM.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

I have been trying to find a picture of what these wheels would look like stripped and polished, and have come up with zilch. I did search through the forum for about half an hour trying to find a set of these wheels on another CB7, which I have yet to accomplish. I did however see them on a 94-97. So I'm wondering if anyone knows whether or not these came on CBs too, or if someone must have swapped these on from the CD5.

Edit: To answer my own question, they are OEM 96-97 CD5 wheels. Surprise!
            Last edited by DumbleDore!; 03-09-2013, 04:26 AM.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

I've started a side project, which required a V8 block, so I bought one off Craigslist. Paid $100 for the block, with all the internals, heads, dizzy, IM, oil pump, plug wires, plugs, and water pump. Turns out the block is from a 1967 Camaro SS, the crank is from a 1965 327, the IM is from a 1957 Corvette, this thing is a fucking gold mine! Haha Anywho, some updates. Wheels are now Satin/flat black, new grill, and the antenna disappeared. Lol

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Working...
              X