Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Level 2 bisimoto cam upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    There is nothing about a cb that screams fast...

It's a well known fact that the ringlands will break [eventually] if you turbo a stock f22.

The P06 can run an f22 when chipped.
    Turbos are kinda common and I've rarely seen people build the f22a4. Where I'm from everyone swaps, or Frankenstein swaps(then blows) the f. I wanna be different lol but alright. Where could I get a chip? I have tuning software for the cam.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836

And I recommend hanging around the ecu tuning forum, tons of good self-tuning info there.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56836

And I recommend hanging around the ecu tuning forum, tons of good self-tuning info there.
        Everything this guy said is true. Turbo is only a GOOD option if your using forged internals. I sent my Po6 to phearable.net for chipping and basemap. Low cost and quality map to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMagnificent View Post
          The f22 is a beast, the tranny is why it's not widely accepted IMO.
          The manual is the same transmission used in all of the Preludes, only the gear ratios are different. It's a lot stronger than a F22 without internal mods. You would need a very high pressure turbo before you need to worry about the manual transmission.

Maybe the automatic is different - I've never owned an automatic, so I wouldn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
            Everything this guy said is true. Turbo is only a GOOD option if your using forged internals. I sent my Po6 to phearable.net for chipping and basemap. Low cost and quality map to start with.
            I could send my p06 to phearable to chip so it'll work on my f series?

Comment

Yes. Just check out their website. When you order, they ask for all the information needed such as engine, modifications, compression, and other things like add on options. My first basemap was really rich so i emailed them back and for like $40 they sent me a modified chip that was nearly spot on.

Comment

Ah, I was stating the long gear ratios never worked for those civic fanboys.

If all you drive is a civic and then you suddenly hop into an accord your not going to like the long gears.

But idk, my cb7 coupe looks quite fast with a fat lip. I'm tempted to lower it.

Comment

We have a couple of members here that will do ecu chipping, and you know it will be right.

Coupes look faster than sedans,then wagons 'look' the slowest... And you should lower it, that's like a necessity.

However, wagons are the best to whoop up on people and they're cool. Pull up to a 5.0 and give them the business.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Just got Neptune and Demon! so i started to simply remap my P06 ECU to the F-series basemap.. but the only options on Neptune for remapping the P06 are :
                    P28
                    P29
                    P30
                    P30 (JDM)
                    P61
                    P72
                    P72 (JDM)
                    P75
                    P75 (JDM)
                    PR3 (JDM)
                    PR4

Which, if any, should I choose? If none of these will work i have a basemap chip off of phearable.com for my f series, and could i then just use neptune and demon to tune my ecu to the cam upgrade?

Comment

I'm guessing that you're still not really getting the hang of creating your own calibration.

Just spend the $40 on a "custom basemap" from Phearable.net.

• Install the ECU into your car
                      • Hook up your data cable to the Demon
                      • Power up the ECU
                      • Open Neptun RTP on your computer,
                      • Open the Phearable.net file in Neptune and
                      • Load the file onto your ECU/Demon and start tuning.
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 10-25-2013, 09:00 AM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        I'm guessing that you're still not really getting the hang of creating your own calibration.

Just spend the $40 on a "custom basemap" from Phearable.net.

• Install the ECU into your car
                        • Hook up your data cable to the Demon
                        • Power up the ECU
                        • Open Neptun RTP on your computer,
                        • Open the Phearable.net file in Neptune and
                        • Load the file onto your ECU/Demon and start tuning.
                        I have a custom basemap from phearable already. So do I use the basemap chip they sent me and then install demon or are you talking about downloading a basemap file from Phearable and uploading it through demon?

Comment

If you have already purchased a chip you can try installing it in your ECU and hope that the maps are good enough. You will not be able to make any changes to that chip. You cannot use the Demon at the same time as a chip.

You should be able to request Phearable to email you that ROM file from that chip to you in a Neptune ROM format that you can upload to your demon.

These are the very basics of tuning, and if after a week you still have not learned the difference between using a chip and a real time programer (ROM emulator/Demon). You should probably take your car to a tuner and have them tune it.

Right now having the Neptune Demon is a complete waste of your money.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            If you have already purchased a chip you can try installing it in your ECU and hope that the maps are good enough. You will not be able to make any changes to that chip. You cannot use the Demon at the same time as a chip.

You should be able to request Phearable to email you that ROM file from that chip to you in a Neptune ROM format that you can upload to your demon.

These are the very basics of tuning, and if after a week you still have not learned the difference between using a chip and a real time programer (ROM emulator/Demon). You should probably take your car to a tuner and have them tune it.

Right now having the Neptune Demon is a complete waste of your money.
                            I'm learning. so if they aren't able to send me a file then should I buy this and return the chip? http://www.phearable.net/shoppingcar...ion-p-137.html I'm not tuning my car for a while, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about tuning so I don't mess up when I actually take on the tuning. Which won't be for a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X