Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my CB7 and wifes CD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my CB7 and wifes CD5

had steel wheels on it when i got it. the bottle caps came of the wifes 96 ex.

head gasket blew thanks to a bad radiator cap, so while i had the head off I lapped the valves before reassembly. At this time it had all seals except for the rear main replaced along with oem timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, tensioner and idler pulleys

Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50/15

Eibach Sportlines vs stock springs. Using KYB G2 struts

seat tracks I welded in.

#7 Billiard ball, drilled and tapped for 10X1.50 installed with jam nut

3rd gear sychro was bad, acquired a H2U5 with around 100,000 miles from Beavers Honda (a Honda salvage yard here in NC) and installed a ACT Streetlite 12.6 lb flywheel with sport pressure plate and street sprung disc and oem throwout bearing, replaced rear main seal. replaced inner and outer tie rods with oem Honda parts. ( I work at an Acura dealer as a master tech so i get oem parts cheap!)

How it looks now, more changes to come! Click image for larger version

Name:	yNQYzA.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	4978579
    Last edited by Size9zombie; 03-31-2021, 03:54 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

in the middle of body work, deleted side moldings, fixings a couple dents

shaved trunk

paint still wet. SEM products Hot Rod black (satin black)2K topcoat no clear

installed black inset headlights, clear rear side marker and clear tail lenses with load resistors and red LEDs. installed new wheels and tires, i forget brand but wheels are 17x7.5 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 215/55/17 sitting on Eibach Prokit springs with KYB G2 struts

removed interior and pressure washed it

interior reinstalled

blacked out grill and applied satin clear topcoat to dull chrome to a brushed look Click image for larger version

Name:	CO03So.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	4978580

header will be coming soon. Front motor mount has energy suspension 60A insert.
    Last edited by Size9zombie; 03-31-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Looks good. Not going to polish the cd5?

Comment

Thanks, yea once i get the windshield and surrounding trim installed.
        Last edited by Size9zombie; 01-27-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Nice work on both cars.

Liking the CD5 just a bit more
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks! It's not totally done yet, but it's close! Wife's car will not be modified much more than current condition. The F Bomb on the other hand has a LONG way to go.

Comment

GhostAccord none of the pics in your build thread are currently working, but I have seen it before and really like your build!

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                GhostAccord none of the pics in your build thread are currently working, but I have seen it before and really like your build!
                Yeah, I refuse to pay Photobucket and I have yet to get around to changing the links in my page over to my new image hosting site. Should really get around to that some time soon. Thanks for the reminder.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

So...an 09 TSX fell into my lap today, $300 for the whole car. Guess f20 is off the table now and i'll be going k series. It is a totaled car but just because of frame damage, nothing mechanical, i know the car well, i've worked on it since it was brand new. It is just outside of factory warranty and JUST had a rering done under warranty.

Comment

Pressure washing the interior...you just gave me an idea. Thank you for that.

Wow, that's a good come up!! I can't wait to see this project unfold.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing another k-series floating around the forum.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Sonikaccord, easiest way i know of to clean the whole inerior. Takes a while to dry though, carpet took 3 days.

Grumpys93 yea i'm looking forward to having a k swap in it too! I will be building my own harness and anything else I can to save as much money as possible. I want to see just how cheap yet correct with no corners cut I can do this. I will be taking tons of pics!

I finally decided what I'm going to do about the paint on the CB, I'm going back with the factory Rosewood Brown Metallic so it is the same inside and out. Once I get around to it the cage will be painted same color also.
                        Last edited by Size9zombie; 02-03-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Well, the K24Z3 I was going to use it trash, the tsx was in a bad wreck in the front, cracked the block! So, I'm taking a step back to evaluate which direction I wanna take this car in now. The H has been done to death. Was thinking of a N/A F22a. Hmmm, decisions, decisions. Its my DD, I drive a little over 37 miles 1 way to and from work, all really curvy foothill back roads, so with my mild suspension and weight reduction work it is still super fun.

Comment

F's can be fun engines as N/A. If you do go down this road, I would recommend reading jdm92_accorn's MRT. He's built some of the highest hp F series around here. I'm following in his foot steps with an F23A1, I just need more money to finish it up. If the F23A1 head ends up sucking I'm going to slap an F22A head on it instead.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

He was the inspiration for thinking about a N/A F. I have had 3 cb7s, 4 cd5s (if you include the 1 I bought for my wife), and a TON of other Hondas and Acuras (Preludes, Civics, etc. The cb is by far my favorite chassis though. I have been lurking here for like 10 years or so. I'm not much of a forum guy, time is a big factor. I will never have a high post count and may disappear for months at a time. This site is so wonderful and full of really great info....even though Photobucket is holding so many photos for ransom. Thank you all.
                              Last edited by Size9zombie; 04-26-2018, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X