Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A N/A Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A N/A Build

Basically I want to build my F22A1 while keeping it naturally aspirated and I would like to hear some opinions on my ideas. I already have a short ram intake, Apexi cat-back exhaust system, a Magnaflow cat, and a Megan header and downpipe. In the near future I plan on doing an engine rebuild. In the not so near future my plan is to get a reground Bisimoto camshaft, Bisimoto valvetrain, Bisimoto intake manifold, Bisimoto pistons, and Golden Eagle throttle body. I would also consider going with a Bisimoto header from my Megan header. This will all not be for a while since I'm still in school and not the most financially stable. I just want to see your opinions on this build.

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
    Basically I want to build my F22A1 while keeping it naturally aspirated and I would like to hear some opinions on my ideas. I already have a short ram intake, Apexi cat-back exhaust system, a Magnaflow cat, and a Megan header and downpipe. In the near future I plan on doing an engine rebuild. In the not so near future my plan is to get a reground Bisimoto camshaft, Bisimoto valvetrain, Bisimoto intake manifold, Bisimoto pistons, and Golden Eagle throttle body. I would also consider going with a Bisimoto header from my Megan header. This will all not be for a while since I'm still in school and not the most financially stable. I just want to see your opinions on this build.
    from what i've been reading, its expensive to build a strong and fast f22 N/A motor.

good luck though!
    cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Yeah, it definitely won't be cheap, but I'm looking forward to doing it.

Comment

its expensive to build ANY na motor. the f22 is no more or less expensive. if you want cheap power, get a v8.

dont forget that you will need new rods as well. plus bearings, all seals, and if you want to make proper use of everything you will want a tunable ecu, tuned on a dyno by someone that knows what they are doing.

take your time. do your research. plan out your build before buying even one more part. dont waste money buying things that wont help you achieve your original goal. dont give into gimicks. just get what you need. stay focused. if you need a good example to follow take a look at hondafan's white build.

Comment

sounds like you have a great plan . if i recall i spent 2800. on my build and me and my pop did all the labor.it can be done for cheaper , but the whole rebuild and major head work is worth the piece of mind .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I would add the A6 parts to your list atleast, but what makes you want a n/a f22? just curious.

.peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase d cb7 View Post
              I would add the A6 parts to your list atleast, but what makes you want a n/a f22? just curious.

.peace.
              What A6 parts would you recommend? Which of them are better than the Bisimoto plans he seems to have already?

As said above... just stay focused. Don't go cheap, and don't deviate from your plan. Once you start wasting money on parts that don't help you toward your goal, you'll find yourself in a neverending process... and the results won't be very satisfying.

Comment

I would recommend porting at least the exhaust side of the head if you are going to the level with all the other headwork. The Megan header is going to be a huge bottleneck, as will your entire exhaust system most likely.

It will be expensive, you have to know that going in from day 1. Before you start buying parts you should have your entire build planned out, otherwise you will fall in the trap that deev mentions about buy stuff over and over.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=61

There are plenty of F22A N/A builds in the NA section. I'd suggest finding a setup that is putting out numbers that you are interested in achieving, see what work they've done, and base your build on their findings.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Well he's not spending money on a swap which he could do cheaper and easily, just to gain the experience. OP, this is great, they're as fun to build as any singlecam. But here's an idea, why not buy a rebuilt A6 head, port and open up flowchart a bit, H23 IM and plenum or the like, the bisi heat insulating gasket, and a bisi header. That would give you nice results, and you wouldn't have to dig deep in the bottom end if you don't wanna. Dan (GraniteCB7) is the only guy I know personally who has one around here and he just loves it. Whatever you do, like the guys said and I can't stress enough; don't go cheap take your time and learn what you haven't yet, and most importantly have fun.

life is good.

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I've actually been taking a look at many different F22a N/A builds to see exactly what I wanna do. This is still in the planning stage, and I do have a lot of time to plan for it, since I'm still in school. It is possible that I might decide I'd rather go turbo, but I'll have a definite decision before I start anything. I'm just looking for ideas and opinions right now. The reason I want to build this engine rather than doing a swap is because I figure this will be more fun and will feel more rewarding in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      What A6 parts would you recommend? Which of them are better than the Bisimoto plans he seems to have already?

Wow deev is right yet again, that doesnt make sense.

How about ITB's then, Bisi makes em.

.peace.

Comment

Bisi's ITBs are a solid $2200, and I feel ITBs in general are a little overkill for this build.
                        Last edited by capo_status; 02-02-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Oh for sure way too expensive but have you ever seen an f22 with itb's? Not me. That would be some far out shit man.

.peace.

Comment

I know what you mean. After reading about many F22 builds on here, and on other websites I have yet to see one with ITBs.

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
                              I know what you mean. After reading about many F22 builds on here, and on other websites I have yet to see one with ITBs.
                              youtube it.
                              cb7 rebuild coming soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X