Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

And it began...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it began...

So this is my buddy's(and my own I suppose) '92 EX Sedan. Since I can't start a "Member's Build" thread yet, I'll post here. I'm the only one who drives it, and I'm the mechanic. :wavy:

Then started the mods.

We found a universal muffler at Pick'n'Pull and decided, what the hell.

So that happened. Yes, I know, rice. Plans call for a full Skunk2 cat-back. This will do for now.

Other plans include, red and clear taillights, convert the burg interior to standard black (including new carpet!), 2002 Celica GT black leather seats (hopefully including the rears), Spec-D grill, Red, under dash+under seats, accent lighting, NRG pedals, B&M shift knob, Drag DR44 wheels, Tein coil overs(before though, we are putting in Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Sport springs), Skunk2 cat-back, New paint (black or dark grey), Strut bars (front and rear), Injen Short Ram intake, Accel distributor cap and rotor, Paint the valve cover, clean up the engine bay (wire tucking, clean, polishing, etc.), and Kenwood audio. I'm sure I'm missing a crap ton, but that's the start.
    Last edited by DumbleDore!; 01-26-2013, 01:46 PM.

VTEC by birth, not be choice.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199312

Pictures are not working

Comment

Can't see any pictures...it's not working

now it's working..looks you got a good start.
      Last edited by roland lorenzo; 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM.
      私はフィリピン人

Comment

Looks like a really good start. Pictures work fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by STREET-SPEC View Post
          Looks like a really good start. Pictures work fine for me
          Thanks, man.

Sorry, fellas. I had trouble with the host site for my pictures, so I just Tinypic'd them this morning. They all work now.

Andy's Auto Sport: Comptech Battery Tie Down, "It will look so trick that your car will think it has more horsepower!"

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Heat up the bars that hold the exhaust in the back & bend them outwards to pull the exhaust up, it sags. & it looks like your rear bumper sags as well from the bottom, under the bumper on that black lip looking thing there is a little small hole in the middle that needs a bolt, I used a zip tie. & that stopped that.

The ride looks clean though!

Comment

Next!

So we started last night, and this is how it went.

Going on!

Then, blast! The OEM down pipe comes up too high.

Not to worry, just unbolt the hanger in front of the O2 sensor, and it lined right up!

Now, they are heating up!

Wish I could have kept that blue.

And the finished color.

Now, my stress over this was cause by the lack of pictures of the OEM header and down pipe flanges. So here ya' go.

I love the Pacesetter! Believe what you will, but I definitely notice a difference in power. And sound! I love it, not to mention it weighs about 10-15lbs. and the OEM WITH shield weighs about 25-30lbs.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Ordered strut bars and a rear tie bar today. Excited! Hopefully ordering an Injen short ram this next week, too. Updates soon to come.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Just curious, what's the deal with the "centered" mating pipe mark on the A4 exhaust manifold and downpipe?

Comment

Nice. The paint fading on the hood actually works and looks cool IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Nice. The paint fading on the hood actually works and looks cool IMO
                      Now that I look at it, I feel the same. Haha Just wish the rest of the top half wasn't so faded. Maybe I'll sand it into a fade, rather than a peel,

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post

Just curious, what's the deal with the "centered" mating pipe mark on the A4 exhaust manifold and downpipe?
                        Not sure what you're talking about.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Looks like you have a leaky valve cover gasket.
                          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
                            Looks like you have a leaky valve cover gasket.
                            Yeah, that's being replaced when the valve cover gets painted.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Update!

Got the front and rear strut bars in the mail yesterday.

Went right to it, and got 'em put on.

Front:

The towers:

Then the rear!

The ends, which come through holes I cut in the trim:

And the view from the interior:

So, the write up. These were purchased on Ebay. Total was about $47 and some change. The quality, well you get what you pay for. They are very light. Not exactly what I was expecting as far as material, but aluminum none the less. The installation was simple enough. The ends come off of the bar, so just remove the strut nuts and slide on the tower ends. Place the nuts back on and tighten them down. For me, it took removing a couple of the plugs from their hangers. A few will go back into place, but the orange one above the reservoir on the passenger side, ended up being left under the bar. Also, there is a little bracket that simply holds a tube of wires in one place, on the drivers side, that has to be removed or flipped upside down, which I am gonna do tomorrow. Other than that, the front was just that simple. Once the tower ends are bolted down, adjust the bar to lines up to the bolting holes just right, and bolt it on.

Now the rear. I managed to simply pull the plastic pieces on either side of the hole behind the seats, right off by hand. Once those are off, pull the trunk carpet up onto the back seat, and fold the carpeted sides towards the center until they stick in place, out of the way. Now, I discovered after I was done, that you can remove the little metal strips the block your view of the strut towers by removing four simple bolts. I did it without. Remove the 14mm nuts from the top, there being two, and do the same thing as the front. Slide in the tower ends, and bolt them in. Line the side trim back up, cut out the square shaped, as I did, holes and place the sides back into place. I put all the plastic and carpet back in place at this point. Once all that was done, I adjusted the bar and bolted it in place. Ta da!

I am getting the lower rear strut bar in the mail, hopefully tomorrow! Let you know how that goes.

Here is an update picture of the header.

Some heat spots, and a little rust, but still looks pretty good.

DumbleDore!'s CG

Comment

Working...
                              X