Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a swap, wire tuck, bay, shave progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a swap, wire tuck, bay, shave progress

full wire tuck in progress, i removed the ABS system and used the proportion valve, master cylinder and brake lines from my lx sedan, the lines were pretty corroded so i bought the 5ft premade lines from Oreilly and bent them myself to match the shape of the oem lines, worked out incredibly well. For the fuse box i havent seen many ideas for the relocation so what i did was i removed the blower motor box (had to do so in order to pull the chassis harness throught the firewall) i mounted the fuse box right behind the glovebox, made small custom brackets for the fuse box to bolt to, had to cut out the back of my glove box in order to still have access to the fusebox, and hot glued a stretchy net inside so i can still hold papers and what not, the entire 'build' is going pretty smoothly just time consuming, i replaced every single seal including the rear main seal, and gasket, brand new water pump, oil pan, oil cooler oring, blox thermal intake manifold gasket, etc.. taking my sweet to do it right, because i DO NOT want to have to pull the motor back out to replace one measly thing i couldve done BEFORE i put the motor in, (the motor is already in btw), hopefully the new facebook will be up and running soon, cant wait to share pictures and talk with the real cb7 tuners, not 8500 question askers and hazardous advisors

im using Tein Street Flex coilovers, SPC rear camber control arms, brand new wheels bearings, brand new lower, ball joints, brand new sway bar linkages, brand new control arm bushings, 88 rotors, using hub centric rings on my wheels, brand shifter bushings from Cheddas Auto, i just cant wait to feel how smooth my ride is going to be, lots of time and a fair amount of money put into my 92 ex coupe..

Comment

Sounds like the new CB7 is off to a great start so far. Keep up the good work. Also why not share some pictures here? We like to see the projects as well.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

thanks! i use the browser from my phone but you can find me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/adam.woodside.142 i post some progress on there, i like to remain lowkey so no one reallys knows what im doing

Comment

It's nice to see something being done right! All that attention to detail will definitely pay off.

Many people use the 40/40 proportioning valve from a DA Integra when either installing rear discs on a model originally equipped with drums, or as in your case, removing ABS. The valve intended for use with drums (not sure on specifics) isn't ideal for rear discs. Many people have done it with no problem... but if you really want to do it right, using a 40/40 valve seems to be the best way. Further research may be useful on the subject, as I'm far from an expert myself (my car was using the LX valve with rear discs before it got smashed... but I never drove it after the conversion, so I can't say how it felt.)

Comment

fyi - i've done the fuse box trick you are doing by removing the blower motor and if you have any rain, condensation, cold, etc. you won't be able to blow air on the window to clear it. I tried removing the blower motor on one occasion and the condenser on another occasion. Both resulted in the air not allowed to reach the vents to cool/heat the car/window and caused major fogging, condensation, etc. So I had to put them back in.

Comment

The blower motor in my Fit has failed a few times... and in those times, the inability to clear window fog can be downright terrifying!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The blower motor in my Fit has failed a few times... and in those times, the inability to clear window fog can be downright terrifying!
                It sucks even more in the winter when you gotta drive with the window cracked so your breath doesnt fog up the window.. my blower took a dump..too lazy to mess with it, so rainx on the outside, fogX on the inside and one of these to combat it..lol

Comment

Yup. In the winter, and in the rain. I tried the fog-x stuff a while back, but didn't like it. It made things all streaky. I was probably not using it correctly. I always keep a towel in my car (a spare shirt works in a pinch!)

Comment

thanks deever, ill be putting the blower motor back in, may have to put the fuse box in the glove box to do so, as far as the proportioning valve goes, i didnt even think about the lx being rear drum and ex being rear disc, may have to take a trip to a junkyard or find someone parting out a DA, all my brake lines are hooked up and the motor is back in.

Comment

this is a summer only cb7 haha, only sunny days too, i live in wisconsin so finding a rust free 92-93 accord ex coupe 5 speed (the only cb7 i wanted) was like finding a unicorn, after 2 years of waiting and almost buying ones with minimal rust and repairing it, i finally found my 92 ex coupe 5 speed, had it professionally painted a metallic "tootsie roll" brown with gold flake, made slightly custom rails for my 4th gen black prelude seats to fit without slightly leaning inwards toward the center console, jdm rear oem third brake light spoiler, oem sunroof visor, 92-93 foglights, ryver sawblades wheels, cheddas auto shifter bushings and baseplate solid bushings, bwr 1.2lb shift knob, speedzone rear window visor, jdm h22a swapped with mugen header/down pipe into a custom 2.5" exhaust with cat and resonator into a dc muffler, and a incredibly immaculate interior, i have a truck and a chrysler crossfire i can drive on rainy days an winter lol

Comment

link to my progress pics, this started as a bonestock ex coupe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...12#post3256112

Comment

Originally posted by NinetiesBabyCB7 View Post
                          full wire tuck in progress, i removed the ABS system and used the proportion valve, master cylinder and brake lines from my lx sedan, the lines were pretty corroded so i bought the 5ft premade lines from Oreilly and bent them myself to match the shape of the oem lines, worked out incredibly well. For the fuse box i havent seen many ideas for the relocation so what i did was i removed the blower motor box (had to do so in order to pull the chassis harness throught the firewall) i mounted the fuse box right behind the glovebox, made small custom brackets for the fuse box to bolt to, had to cut out the back of my glove box in order to still have access to the fusebox, and hot glued a stretchy net inside so i can still hold papers and what not, the entire 'build' is going pretty smoothly just time consuming, i replaced every single seal including the rear main seal, and gasket, brand new water pump, oil pan, oil cooler oring, blox thermal intake manifold gasket, etc.. taking my sweet to do it right, because i DO NOT want to have to pull the motor back out to replace one measly thing i couldve done BEFORE i put the motor in, (the motor is already in btw), hopefully the new facebook will be up and running soon, cant wait to share pictures and talk with the real cb7 tuners, not 8500 question askers and hazardous advisors
                          out of curiosity, why would one remove ABS?

Comment

Shorter stopping distances and greater control over what the brakes are doing. Sometimes you may actually want to lock them up briefly, ABS won't let you do that.
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

personally i just wanted to get rid of the unappealing modulator in the engine bay, i was also obstructing the passage of my AEM v2 intake tube, i had non ABS in my sedan and it felt fine, i also dont drive recklessly in enviroments where i may have to slam on the brakes because of someone turning into a parking lot, i have functioning brakes still just not the ABS system

Comment

Working...
                              X