LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2
    Oh and I almost forgot, i did a 3 inch AEM CAI swap from a 92-96 prelude. Sounds viscious after i did this

im gonna have to do that, i bet at wot that sounds badass
    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

that plenum swap is sick and i cant wait to see how those calipers turn out! nice clean car man. good luck!

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Do you think i should paint these red to match my rears once i get all my parts to install the Vigor swap or should i paint the rears to match these calipers?
        Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:24 AM.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I decided to do the Hood Rake mod. to my car, that i've seen on some other member's rides on here, since I got this new dent free hood from the JY for only 26 bucks. It was really easy to do, all you do is unbolt the hood by removing the 4 bolts, put 6 1/4 inch fender washers in from Home Depot and I used 4 M6-1.0 x 25mm hex flanged cap screws from AutoZone. Hood seems to latch and unlatch much easier now. And I think it looks aggressive kinda.

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:24 AM.

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Hmmm the vigor caliper swap is hot bro..stupid question is it a direct fit or are there some modifications needed.
            accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
            ....................My New Baby
            SOLD TO
            ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
              Hmmm the vigor caliper swap is hot bro..stupid question is it a direct fit or are there some modifications needed.
              Its a direct fit, given you have the: Vigor calipers/brackets, Vigor rotors, and Prelude Vtec, Vigor it doesn't matter Pads. Total so far its cost me $315, but i'm thinking i should get SS brake lines as well so add 100 for that.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Here's some pics for comparisons between the Vigor and Accord pads

Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:25 AM.

member's ride thread
                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Its a direct fit, given you have the: Vigor calipers/brackets, Vigor rotors, and Prelude Vtec, Vigor it doesn't matter Pads. Total so far its cost me $315, but i'm thinking i should get SS brake lines as well so add 100 for that.
                  Might as well step up and get the SS lines...anyways lets say i did the swap right now im rolling on stock rims..would i have clearence issues...

My Old Baby
                  SOLD TO

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
                    Might as well step up and get the SS lines...anyways lets say i did the swap right now im rolling on stock rims..would i have clearence issues...
                    No i don't think you would have any problems. When I was at the JY getting the calipers off, I had to first remove the wheels and they were 15s w/ 205/65R15 tires. Same lug pattern as a CB as well so the only thing you might have to worry about is the offset of the wheel. But yeah i was amazed too, I wish I would have known about this 2 years ago, at that time I had to get brakes. I mean even my powerslots have heat stress cracks forming in them so i'm glad I found this upgrade.

member's ride thread
                    91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Nice!
                      600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

Thats good to know because that actually my next project..new suspension, rear disc conversion, and maybe cross drilled/slotted rotors.

My Old Baby
                        SOLD TO

Comment

hey man, Nicely coming along!
                          Can you tell me what years of vigors to get the calipers from? I know you said 92, but wanna know all the years, so I can do this too! THanks
                          I am undecided about wether or not you should paint those red, they look good brand new, but I love the colour red!?!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                            hey man, Nicely coming along!
                            Can you tell me what years of vigors to get the calipers from? I know you said 92, but wanna know all the years, so I can do this too! THanks
                            I am undecided about wether or not you should paint those red, they look good brand new, but I love the colour red!?!
                            haha sure. The Vigor was only made in 92-94, thats it! i was amazed too, only a 3 year lifespan and the car was scrapped. But oh well. All of the years/model lines were the same exact caliper. And as for painting them, I'm REALLY unsure! lol, I mean, my wheel color is gunmetal so i would think that these being light gunmetal would look cool too. But then I'd have to match the rears and take the red paint off those, but it'll be fun either way i think.

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

haha sure. The Vigor was only made in 92-94, thats it! i was amazed too, only a 3 year lifespan and the car was scrapped. But oh well. All of the years/model lines were the same exact caliper. And as for painting them, I'm REALLY unsure! lol, I mean, my wheel color is gunmetal so i would think that these being light gunmetal would look cool too. But then I'd have to match the rears and take the red paint off those, but it'll be fun either way i think.
                              leave them light gunmetal, and remove the paint of tha rears

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

man the coupe looks good and the brake swap too!!!
                                Accord Of The Month January 09
                                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
                                X