Traded with: Cb7xChun
    Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
    Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
    My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
      Boo piss
      92-96 Prelude (SRS) steering wheel will NOT fit
      I never liked these steering wheels, but they are flooding the board with their simple to intall-ness.
      When I went out searching for a new steering wheel I saw one of these in a car, but decided not. It looked to 80's.
      Converting to a CD6 Column is easy enough and you can retain SRS with newer steering wheels, the CD6 Column is compatable with many more steering wheels than the CB's, plus the CD is just a CB in disguise, making install a snap.
      http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...l/P1041228.jpg
      The CD column can also be re-keyed to fit your CB7 key! The ignition is completly Plug and Play!
      http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...l/P1041230.jpg
      The the CG6 (6th gen) uses the same switches as the CB just in disguise!
      All you have to do is change the rear of the switch with the CB and your good to go. Some clever wireing (and timer unit from the CG6) the INT wiper works too! Some carefull wireing and the key ring works, cruise and horn also work fine.
      http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...l/P1041248.jpg
      Sure it involves some slight dremeling, but its worth it.
      http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...l/P1041213.jpg

I dont mean to whore my work, I just want to see some custom work!
      The old 80's lude steering wheel looks dated to me, but being a straigh bolt-on affair. I can see why many people choose it.
      impressive... most impressive

i've been wanting to retrofit lighting and wiper switches in my column for a while now. mostly because i'm not satisfied with the feeling of a CB's switches, and their lackluster feedback. they're just not that "snappy" if you know what i'm trying to say

but thanks for sharing this information. might have been nice to throw it into a new DIY thread, as you said.

this is definitely substantial information on its own.
      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by joshnrosen View Post
        impressive... most impressive

i've been wanting to retrofit lighting and wiper switches in my column for a while now. mostly because i'm not satisfied with the feeling of a CB's switches, and their lackluster feedback. they're just not that "snappy" if you know what i'm trying to say

but thanks for sharing this information. might have been nice to throw it into a new DIY thread, as you said.

this is definitely substantial information on its own.
        Well like most of my mods, I'm forced into MAKING it work because I have to be at work the next morning. That and someone stepped on my CB7 switches when I had it on the ground.
        That being said, making a DIY is rather difficult.
        Same with my BB6 Cluster conversion
        Your man for wiring solutions!
        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

so i had a hiccup while installing this... The person i bought the wheel from didnt include the prelude gyro-connector-thingamajig... Now, re-reading the instruction it seems like you must replace the accord gyro-connector-thingamajig with the prelude gyro-connector-thingamajig. Instead i removed the harness from the OEM accord wheel and soldered it to the prelude wheel and connected that into the stock gyro-connector-thingamajig....

my only problem is that I have already filed off a lot of the back of the steering wheel and it still rubs, using a coarse prickly file... I put some vaseline back there to help lubricate it and make turning easier.
          Last edited by rvaldez0781; 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rvaldez0781 View Post
            so i had a hiccup while installing this... The person i bought the wheel from didnt include the prelude gyro-connector-thingamajig... Now, re-reading the instruction it seems like you must replace the accord gyro-connector-thingamajig with the prelude gyro-connector-thingamajig. Instead i removed the harness from the OEM accord wheel and soldered it to the prelude wheel and connected that into the stock gyro-connector-thingamajig....

my only problem is that I have already filed off a lot of the back of the steering wheel and it still rubs, using a coarse prickly file... I put some vaseline back there to help lubricate it and make turning easier.
            mine still rubs lol, and yeah i applied some wd40 and it solved the issue

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
              mine still rubs lol, and yeah i applied some wd40 and it solved the issue
              WD40, thanks, i'll use that..

i was also contemplating 2-3 washers between the hub and the wheel

Comment

igot this done today, excellent writeup.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                Bought from: ChampCoupe
                Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
                  igot this done today, excellent writeup.
                  thanks but im going to revise it soon, i just gotta get me another steering wheel to do some tests

Comment

So is everybody off a tooth left or right on this install or what?

Comment

How come my prelude wheel has 4 Wires?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                      Bought from: ChampCoupe
                      Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

Originally posted by 91ExSedan View Post
                        How come my prelude wheel has 4 Wires?
                        Maybe you could start by tracing the wires to their components, to see what they operate.

The wheel itself doesn't have any wiring, except for the horn (single black wire). Any other electrical wiring would have to run to that little Cruise Control switch box.
                        My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Sweet dude very visual DIY thats the way i like it seems very easy and deff. a mod ill be looking forward to do be eazy
                          I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
                          My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
                          Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

sick write up! im heading back to the junkyard today cause i forgot the column-side of the plug >_< then back home to do the swap

edit: im a fucking idiot, i didnt read that this wont work if you have an airbag. anybody interested in a 90 lude wheel?
                            Last edited by full.circle; 12-16-2009, 09:58 PM.
                            -Gordon | 93 SE coupe

Originally posted by full.circle
                            Honda-Tech: the retarded little brother all other Honda forums are ashamed of

Comment

Great DIY. I just installed mine today. Horn works fine, trimmed down the back of the wheel so it barely rubs anymore, but I have 2 issues: 1) Turn signals do not cancel, even though the 2 pins that go into the back of the wheel are in place and 2) How do I keep my cruise control?

I love it. SO much better than the stock wheel.
                              Last edited by crazymikey; 02-28-2010, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                Great DIY. I just installed mine today. Horn works fine, wheel rubs so I'm going to trim it down, but my turn signals don't cancel.
                                sand or cut down on the back side, then your turn signals should work(i didnt have that problem though im hoping that fixes it)

Comment

Working...
                                X