Intake manifolds A1 vs A4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake manifolds A1 vs A4

Ok so i am in the middle of acquiring the necessary parts to do a H22 swap. I know what i need and what intales of a swap especially here in cali. as 2 of the state Refs are my friends. I have an A4 block and head but i will be using all obd1 A1 emissions controls. I've searched the site and google and haven't got a clear answer... my question is: can i use an A4 intake manifold with A1 emission controls or do i need to have a A1 manifold? i know the 2 manifolds are interchangeable and the TB are a lil different but other than that im not sure.... as A1 manifold are hard to find or $$$ up the ass, and A4 seem to be more available and cheaper most of the time. if anyone can chime in id appreciate it. or if u have a Mani up for sale pm me preferably Ca. pickup... (Tax money coming soon!).

BUMP maybe i posted this in the wrong section? anyone?

Comment

all lower h manifolds are the same from what ive read. only difference is obd 1 or 2. uppers are different. you could use the f22 part if you really wanted to look stock.
      COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        all lower h manifolds are the same from what ive read. only difference is obd 1 or 2. uppers are different. you could use the f22 part if you really wanted to look stock.
        f22 and h22 lowers have different bolt and intake spacing. you could conceivably put an f22a6 upper on h22 runners, but you would be decreasing your plenum space.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
          f22 and h22 lowers have different bolt and intake spacing. you could conceivably put an f22a6 upper on h22 runners, but you would be decreasing your plenum space.
          yea but hes talking about all h parts.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            yea but hes talking about all h parts.
            read your post again, you said, " you could use the f22 part if you really wanted to look stock." that's what i was responding to.
            Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 01-31-2013, 05:20 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              read your post again, you said, " you could use the f22 part if you really wanted to look stock." that's what i was responding to.
              the upper. not the lower.
              COUPE K24

Comment

just to clarify i want to use all h parts.... my question is about the upper half assembly. will obd1 controls fit on the obd2 mani. im in cali so cant mis match parts from 2 different engine familys ( f to h). my friends at the BAR said i can use an obd 1 intake to do my swap but like i said they are kinda hard to come by.... oh also noticed on the obd1 has a p13 designation on the intake itself next the the TB. does the OBD2 mani have the p5m stamp on it?... so i can tell the 2 manis apart if needed in a situation.

Comment

yes. take the top off a h23 or h22 obd1 and bolt it on use the factory harness and all that emssions shit.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                  X