Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
    That brings back memories from when I installed my DCC. Fun times. Looks good, keep it up.
    Oh fun times indeed. I'm so sick of wiring at this point. Thanks for the compliment man!
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Well I managed to get some work done. All of the DCC wiring is done! I haven't tested the last bits yet though. I still need to install the heater core water valve. So I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel on this DCC project. This has definitely been one of the more involve projects I've done in awhile. A ton of wiring! It's going to be so worth it, to have some of the creature comforts that the Pilot has.

Outside Air Temperature Sensor

Outside Air Temperature Sensor Wiring (Run with all the wiring from the wire tuck. Was so happy to have to take the fender back off.)

Maybe I can get most of this wrapped up in the next night or two.

Comment

Well over the last 2 nights I haven't managed a lot. Tuesday night I did a bunch of work for a side IT job. Worked on that project a bit more last night as well. Still managed to put a little time into Lola.

Checked some of my wiring for the DCC and I have one issue I need to fix. Feet defrost isn't opening the defrost vent correctly.

-Dashboard fully bolted in
        -Blower motor installed
        -Evaporator installed
        -Heater core hoses reattached
        -A/C system fully hooked up (still need to buy a new drier and charge the system)
        -Wiring figured out for horn/blinkers for new steering wheel
        -Carpet laid back down and all extra stuff bolted back down

I found a problem with my fuel filter as well, the inlet side is leaking slightly through the crush washer. I'm just going to buy a new OEM fuel filter and just use the crush washers and put it on the shelf.

I would have gotten a bit more done except we lost power last night right as I was getting in my groove. So I pretty much hit a brick wall with that. Maybe I'll have a running car again this weekend.

Comment

I did nothing with the car over the weekend due to previous plans that I had forgotten about the last time I posted. Saturday was a fire wood day for my grandma. 12+ hours of cutting and throwing wood, I'm so worn out still. Sunday my uncle and I had to go to Idaho to fix a bed. Almost 3 hours both directions, changed my buddies transmission fluid, and worked on my IT project at a dentists office for a few hours. So pretty much a very productive weekend just not for Lola. I did manage to put in some time yesterday though.

I worked on a bit of my wiring but didn't make much progress yet. I need to be able to have the car running to test the rest. After looking at that for a little bit and deciding I couldn't make much progress without putting a lot of stuff back together first.

Heater Core Water Valve Modified to Fit

Black Box Ready for DCC

Front End

If I don't spend all my time in the next few nights on this IT project I have going on, Lola will be up and running again. I might actually get to drive her before winter shows up, and she gets parked.

Comment

Very clean

I want to get rid of my airbag as well. I don't trust it. The prelude wheel looks good

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
              Very clean

I want to get rid of my airbag as well. I don't trust it. The prelude wheel looks good
              Thanks DCB7! Yea I don't trust them either. I'm happy to be rid of it. The prelude wheel is taking more work than initially expected. But making progress.

Comment

I managed a bit more work last night. Slowly making some decent progress again.

I wrapped up a few odds and ends but mainly I spent the night figuring out the steering wheel issue. What I thought would be my original solution, wouldn't work. So I had to rethink it for a bit. So this is what I came up with.

SRS Steering Wheel Spline Removal

Prelude Steering Wheel Spline Removal

Spline Comparison (Prelude Left, Accord Right. The SRS spline is about 3/4" longer, I will still have to weld a few washers to the end and cut out the tabs. I will provide some pictures of what my final vision is, since I'm not explaining it the best.)

Blinker/Lights Sub Harness (I cut nothing for this. I took the sub harness from my 90' EX parts car. I depinned the Prelude plug and put it on in place of the Accords for the horn/cc plug. I depinned the 3 wires from the blue plug. Then cut the middle of the cover and pulled the wires out. After pulling the wires out put them into the SRS plug. Then just plugged everything in. Tested it last night and it all works flawlessly.)

I'm very close to getting this project wrapped up, and having her on the road again. Hoping to weld up the steering wheel spline and a few washers to get all the spacing correct and have the wheel kick off the blinkers.

Comment

Got a few more odds and ends wrapped up so I could test out the rest of the DCC. I got it out of the garage and did some testing. I had a few minor wiring issues left. I can officially say, I now have a fully functioning DCC! Tonight I will start putting the rest of the dashboard and interior back together. I'm glad to say that this project is almost behind me, it has been an undertaking.

Comment

So I know I'm a bit behind in my posting of progress so I'm going to play some catch up this morning. On Friday night after work I spend the time to get my dashboard reassembled. After spending a lot of time doing this, many hours. Between dropping and losing screw, and rerouting wires This took about 4 hours. I thought I had made some great progress for the night.

DCC and Dashboard Reassembled

So I figured on Saturday I would have all of this wrapped up.

Comment

So after doing an inspection job for some private contracting with the moving companies. I figured I would wrap up the projects on Lola. So I got the glove box reinstalled and figured I would test some stuff out. Well I found out the DCC wasn't working as it should be. Well in my moving tugging on the foglight harness plug I disconnected some sensor ground wires, and a signal wire for the air mix box. So the flaps wouldn't open in steps they just went from either fully close to fully open on certain temps, instead of stepping nicely. So basically everything I had done the night before, had to be all pulled back out and done again. I did reroute some more wiring at this point though which made life much easier the second time around.

DCC Reinstalled after Fixing Wiring

DCC 1

DCC 2

Black Door Handle

After doing all of that I finally called it a day for the car, as I have many other projects around the house piling up.

Comment

On Sunday since I finally have the interior put back together, I figured I should actually get my A/C working. So on Sunday night I got the A/C system fully charged up. It's so nice to have a car that has all the features it's supposed to. So tired of having no A/C in my sedan right now. Just haven't had enough time to work on that issue.

A/C Charging

So the only thing left with my over sized project now is to finish up the steering wheel.

Comment

So yesterday I finally got the 92-93' Accord spline welded into the Prelude steering wheel. I still have a little bit of a fitiment issue with the plastic covers. So the spline fits well but with all the plastic covers on the wheel and the column it still rubs a little bit. I think this is easily solvable by using a 90-91 steering column cover instead of the 92-93 as it sits out a bit farther. I will try and get one in the next day or two and see if this solves the issue.

Prelude Steering Wheel 1

Prelude Steering Wheel 2

Hopefully I can get the cover and finish this up. I'm really hoping that this will finish up this set of projects for Lola. Because I need to work on the Pilot before we go to California at the end of October. I need to do an entire brake job on it as well as the timing belt and all the stuff associated with it. A few other misc small things as well.

Comment

Great work again. I like Dual climate and the double din. Kind of star wars retro but advanced look. I drove for years with a OEM tape player using a cassette adapter which plugged into my MP3 player. The quality was crystal clear.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post

Blinker/Lights Sub Harness (I cut nothing for this. I took the sub harness from my 90' EX parts car. I depinned the Prelude plug and put it on in place of the Accords for the horn/cc plug. I depinned the 3 wires from the blue plug. Then cut the middle of the cover and pulled the wires out. After pulling the wires out put them into the SRS plug. Then just plugged everything in. Tested it last night and it all works flawlessly.)

I'm very close to getting this project wrapped up, and having her on the road again. Hoping to weld up the steering wheel spline and a few washers to get all the spacing correct and have the wheel kick off the blinkers.
                            I got a question. The yellow plug is the horn/cc plug? If so, my airbag might not be plugged in anyway. My horn still works though.

That plug has been hanging and jumped with a wire in mine since I got the car. The only thing I know is that the car won't start if I take the jumper out. I could never find where it plugged into. The wires are blue/red and green/black IIRC.

Comment

Thumbs up on doin' the most.
                              I'm lookin into finally starting my wire tuck. Yours looks legit.
                              Your last post makes me wish I didn't "GIVE" my bb4 steering wheel away, now it's getting hard to find one that doesn't twist when you steer.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
                                Great work again. I like Dual climate and the double din. Kind of star wars retro but advanced look. I drove for years with a OEM tape player using a cassette adapter which plugged into my MP3 player. The quality was crystal clear.

I got a question. The yellow plug is the horn/cc plug? If so, my airbag might not be plugged in anyway. My horn still works though.

That plug has been hanging and jumped with a wire in mine since I got the car. The only thing I know is that the car won't start if I take the jumper out. I could never find where it plugged into. The wires are blue/red and green/black IIRC.
                                Yes the yellow plug is where the SRS, C/C and horn plug into the firewall harness. I just depinned it then put the plug onto the 90/91 sub-harness. But it might be worth looking at the plug up under the steering column in the junkyard sometime. It actually sits right above the column when looking up from the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X