Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil light come on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those two wires goes to Instrument cluster and the other goes to Integrated control unit as per Haynes manual.
    I looked for this integrated control unit on the diagram but cannot find it so far.
    I am not sure if this ICU is the same thing as ECU since the diagram shows ECU as "PGM-FI Electronic Control Unit".
    Last edited by oyajicool; 03-20-2013, 08:51 AM.
    A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oaxaco1985 View Post
      I'm using a mixture of 3 nextgen oil and one royal purple for this oil change as I want to swap it to full royal purpel
      What weight oil?

It seems like the light is on for the right reason, minimum oil pressure at idle at operating temp is 10psi, if it is less you are to check the oil pump. This is from the service manual. Also minimum 50psi at 3000rpm.

Comment

well the light only comes on when the car is running at a load of 75 psi at 65 mph, I looked at it today and chase the two wires and I found that it doen't go to the computer at all so I wire both cable to a differrent, one to the actual pressure swith and the other to the oil pressure gauge sensor to see what it does and the light didn't came on at all

I'm using 5-30 motor oil 4 quarts of it for the moment I have 3 regualar oil and one of royal purple as I want to clean the inside before I change to fully royal purple
        [IMG][/IMG]
        Last edited by oaxaco1985; 03-20-2013, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oaxaco1985 View Post
          well the light only comes on when the car is running at a load of 75 psi at 65 mph, I looked at it today and chase the two wires and I found that it doen't go to the computer at all so I wire both cable to a differrent, one to the actual pressure swith and the other to the oil pressure gauge sensor to see what it does and the light didn't came on at all

I'm using 5-30 motor oil 4 quarts of it for the moment I have 3 regualar oil and one of royal purple as I want to clean the inside before I change to fully royal purple
          [IMG][/IMG]
          Good work! oil light is serious issue!

Comment

Working...
          X