overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overheating

Ok guys I have a problems with my cooling system, a day ago I drove the car to the main city when I notice that my temp was going high, I replace the thermostat as I knew it was old so I did and now I still have an over heating problem, my fans are not coming on I did replace the radiator fan time control unit as when I open the box it was burn but I still have it, I jumped the wires on the thremostaht sensor and the fans work so I replace the sensor and it still the same, when I drive I'm driving the temp keeps at normal but as soon as I slow down the temp goes high and when the car idles the fans don't come on at all and the temp is almost all the way up I don't want to burn out the engine as it still under 200K and I'm not ready to do a swap any ideas

Simple but maybe..
    Did you check your fuses?

Comment

yes the both of the fuses on the box under the hood and the two inside the cabin I even swap the relay to see is that was the problem did not work

Comment

check and confirm both hoses are hot when the car is over heating. If its not then you can still have a bad thermostat or air in the system.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Ohh yeah they are, it gets so hot that the coolant start over filling the reserve tank and spill out

Comment

are they both the same temp? Do you feel that there is water in the top one?

Replace the radiator cap latley?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I Haven't replace the cap but I will as I notice that has some tear and wear and both are the same temp I don't know what else to check on the car out of options

Comment

water pump most likely, once you start moving its fine and when you stop it overheats, sounds like a water pump

Comment

I've had this problem before on my cd. I had air in my system. Make sure you bleed all the air out of there cause it well give you the overheating problems that you speak of.

Here are the two links on bleeding air out the cooling
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUzOTnsWImI
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU
                  Last edited by cpl hero; 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM.
                  "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

Working...
                  X